• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2nd Test, Lord's, London

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh well. Brilliant innings anyway, especially given everything else. It's also taken us to a position where it's going to be hard for England to force victory.
Heck, the extra 12 runs in boundaries after coming back plus extraneous leg byes have been a big help.

NotMcKenzie

International Debutant
I don't think that Smith ought to have come back out. If he had to bat again, hoping that the others could take it to tea would have been a better thing to do. Every extra bit of time for recovery would be good.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My theory, rather than just "being rattled", when Smith went off he was given some strong pain-killers and it sent him loopy hence the weird shots/leave

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ehh, it's the sort of bad review that does happen - two to use and no real batsmen left. It's a desperate review but I've seen it happen before.
Oh yeah contextually it makes complete sense to hope that Woakes overstepped or Hawkeye ****ed up or something. But don't let that change that reviewing a no shot LBW going on to hit the middle of middle makes Spikey taste it for calling the end-of-worst-ever-reviews about an hour ago.

91Jmay

International Coach
My theory, rather than just "being rattled", when Smith went off he was given some strong pain-killers and it sent him loopy hence the weird shots/leave
Australia doping scandal? Would be unsurprising. Probably goes right to the top, hope to see Morrison resign (as do a fair few Aussies I am sure).