• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

wrongun

Banned
I wouldnt go that far. I think he could be a game changer down the order.
Well he seems a little lost. I personally wouldn’t drop him but if you’re going to play him at 6 I think he’s useless. Don’t see him doing too well against a spinner etc. But you could be right.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True enough, but it does **** me how attacking every ex-captain becomes once it's no longer their arse on the line.
You wonder what the Broad/Anderson generation will be like if they become commentators. The best test team they played in, under Flower, was very defensive. The likes of Warne talk a lot about how demotivating defensive fields are for bowlers but I don't get the impression Broad feels that way at all.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sod my luck . All my routes to watch the match switched over to the India-WI T20 . :D So I'm stuck on the radio only . It's no big thing . I've done plenty of Ashes tours on the radio over the years .

Enjoying the cricket though....for the most part. Shoddy captaincy when the 'state of play' isn't offering anything , from both sides .

Was delighted to see a bit of Woakes and Broad getting a knock . Hats off to Australia for not letting England run away with the score .

Hollies Stand is intense today . When Australia were looking for a ball change earlier they went mental :D

My only concern , win or lose , is Moeen . That bloke is potentially too important to us in the short to medium term to just ignore his batting form . He's got to come good playing somewhere . We all know he can hold a bat at this level .

wrongun

Banned
Ball kept low. You have to be patient and watch the ball late on this pitch. Also, do not let the bowler rush you

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Broad too wide to Bancroft here. Looks as if the sometime sandpaper enthusiast has the discipline to ignore the wide ones.

Third ball much better. That's the line.