• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

Bijed

International Regular
Woakes really does have a poor bowling record given his skill. Less than 3 wkts per match and average touching 31
It’s the overseas tests that **** it up. Very different bowler at home.
His home record is great his away is all time bad.

63 in 16 games @ 22 home

18 in 12 games @ 61 away
He was also just not very good (and quite unlucky) when he started playing tests, which holds back his home record a bit too

Great ball from Broad... really took off from just short of a length. In fairness to the umpire, Broad didn’t even appeal and he appeals for everything.

91Jmay

International Coach
Great ball from Broad... really took off from just short of a length. In fairness to the umpire, Broad didn’t even appeal and he appeals for everything.
Yeah on reflection actually it was a wierd one from purely front on. The raised camera made it obvious.

Kirkut

International Regular
I can imagine Steve Smith's childhood be like:

Coach: Keep your head still, get to the pitch of the ball and time it with an optimum backlift, always play with soft hands.

Smith: Screw you coach, just give me the cricket bat and tell me what team needs from me.