• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

91Jmay

International Coach
Stupid shot to play there, should have kept them out there or at least let Woakes hit. Confused batting between Woakes/Jimmy, but good wag from the tail.

Good lead, but if we only have 4 bowlers then i wouldn't say we are miles ahead.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm going to go to bed. Can't watch the impending disaster. Expect us to be at least five down and for Wilson to screw us over at least once more.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Little damage done in the end from the 10th wicket partnership, 9th did a lot though. Mini-session of course is key. If England take a wicket in the next 15 minutes then they'll probably walk it, but if we can survive the first spell from Broad and Woakes it starts to get interesting.

Ultimately losing three wickets in the space of the first 10 overs looks crucial. At least in the collapse in the second session was down to some fairly venomous bowling for a fair while.

Uppercut

It's weird, after finally using a strategy that worked, then they go back to the strategy that didn't work for the previous hour and a half.

I really don't think Lyon deserved that wicket. He's been piss.
Don't really want to be bowling short to Anderson. He just tries to get out the way and you end up giving up leg byes off the body and stuff.

It works to Broad because he stands there like a beanpole throwing hands at it.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously England have runs on the board here and are rightly favourites to win this match but the lead was at least kept low enough that posting a defensible total isn't an impossibility.

vcs

I don't think it will turn into an absolute minefield in the 4th innings though. It's slow enough that the spinner won't be unplayable. Depends on how much unpredictable bounce there is.