• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Test, Edgbaston, Birmingham

He edged enough too. They just went wide or didn't carry.
Indeed. But they were thickish outside ages, almost due to Burns legside technique where his right elbow is pointing towards mid-on when he is driving through mid-off causing the bat face to come down at an angle.

Point still remains that Cummins bowled too short. The length he got Buttler with should’ve been where he honed in on.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
With the pitch being dry, a bit abrasive and needing to wrap up the innings as quickly as possible, how good would it be if we had a bloke in the squad who’s been taking wickets in England over the past couple of months and who is known to reverse the old ball from left arm over at 150kph to knock over bunnies in test innings like he’s Mixamotosis. Wish we had one
Willful bad selections really get my goat. Seen a few of those over the last couple of years and it's always the team management deluding themselves into thinking they're strategic geniuses of some sort.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed. But they were thickish outside ages, almost due to Burns legside technique where his right elbow is pointing towards mid-on when he is driving through mid-off causing the bat face to come down at an angle.

Point still remains that Cummins bowled too short. The length he got Buttler with should’ve been where he honed in on.
I think you're interpreting the edges to make Burns look less lucky. There was enough variety there.

Starfighter

Willful bad selections really get my goat. Seen a few of those over the last couple of years and it's always the team management deluding themselves into thinking they're strategic geniuses of some sort.
The irony being that our management are strategically incompetent. Dunning-Kruger effect I think.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I would rest Cummins for a game or two tbh. He looks fatigued and out of sorts and the last thing you want is an injury foisted on him in that frame of mind. Drop Siddle and get both Starc and Hazlewood back in.

I think you're interpreting the edges to make Burns look less lucky. There was enough variety there.
Definitely rode his luck, and going forward I still think he’s gonna have a technique that will get found out at this level.

Australia also got a tad lucky by getting the ball changed to one that started swinging round corners after 65 overs. Pretty charitable from the umpires.

social

Definitely rode his luck, and going forward I still think he’s gonna have a technique that will get found out at this level.

Australia also got a tad lucky by getting the ball changed to one that started swinging round corners after 65 overs. Pretty charitable from the umpires.
Ball was out of shape

Son Of Coco

So we not only let Burns get 50, but 100. **** me. To be fair to him, he did appear to be channeling a (much less talented) version of Alistair Cook, whereby he played a limited selection of strokes but minimised the bowler's margin for error in the process. He also obviously dipped the edges of his bat in fairy piss the night before as it was almost impossible for him to edge it and it go anywhere near a fielder/the stumps.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would rest Cummins for a game or two tbh. He looks fatigued and out of sorts and the last thing you want is an injury foisted on him in that frame of mind. Drop Siddle and get both Starc and Hazlewood back in.
Two days in and Siddle is the second ranked Australian so far.

Runs, partnership, catch, wicket, tidy.

stephen

With the pitch being dry, a bit abrasive and needing to wrap up the innings as quickly as possible, how good would it be if we had a bloke in the squad who’s been taking wickets in England over the past couple of months and who is known to reverse the old ball from left arm over at 150kph to knock over bunnies in test innings like he’s Mixamotosis. Wish we had one
Burgey Staaaahp pls. We get it. How couldn’t we get it?

stephen

So the question is, how many runs do England need to shut down the game? 350? 400? I can't see Australia scoring enough second innings runs to build a lead of 200 if they concede a deficit of more than around 75. Will that be enough runs?

hazsa19

International Regular
Your understanding of Karma is incorrect. Maybe you should study eastern concepts before using them loosely. Karma literally translates into actions. The trios actions got them suspended and missed a years worth of cricket. The results of their actions was the outcome of their previous act. Simple as that. Australia’s lack of wickets today was due to bad umpiring, hesitation to use drs and faulty team selection. Has nothing to do with events from more than a year ago.
Nothing to do with good Test Match batting then.

hazsa19

International Regular
You bemoan (actually just moan) Australia's luck all day, but can't admit having the ball changed to one that started swinging massively out of nowhere wasn't lucky?

Lame.
Yeh. I had no idea you get a new ball at 60 and 80 overs now.

Without this ridiculous piece of umpiring you can add 20/30 runs to our total and probably take a wicket off too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Some diabolical posting overnight.

As Lord Protector i would like to be able to sleep without worrying about the forum going to pot.

Expect some Nixons to be dished out.

social

You bemoan (actually just moan) Australia's luck all day, but can't admit having the ball changed to one that started swinging massively out of nowhere wasn't lucky?

Lame.
Do you know the rules?

It’s not as if it’s done by an eye test

Stapel

International Regular
On Burns’ (apparently) 36 misses:
I’ve been watching the whole day with a friend. And this was something we discussed too. Quite some times, Burns was lucky not to knick it. Yet, watching front on, you can’t tell if a sideway leave, as ugly as it looks, is actually rather safe.
Not sure if this particular theory brings the number down to anything half decent though.