• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

ajdude

International Coach
You're not looking too shabby as it is. I popped out just after Leach was dismissed and come back to find this. Bairstow really is a mess right now, isn't he. And htf does Denly get run out in these circumstances? I suppose 9 runs is an improvement for Moeen, but he still shouldn't be batting in the top 9.
root absolutely torched denly tbf

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Moeen's rubbishness with the bat continues.
I genuinely have no idea why he's batting above Woakes and Curran nowadays. Two years ago that was fair enough, but yet again we're not prepared to make a tough call with an established player.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I honestly think that Root's almost as mentally shot as Bairstow right now. That's just appalling.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I honestly think that Root's almost as mentally shot as Bairstow right now. That's just appalling.
I think he was right to try to make run-scoring opportunities but it's probably the worst possible shot to play against Adair.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If they can keep it to below 175, they have a chance. Will still be tough, but they can do it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
If they can keep it to below 175, they have a chance. Will still be tough, but they can do it.
I think England would pay hard cash to set them 175. Even before Woakes' latest failure.

So which version of Broad will we see today?

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Embarrassing stuff this. Not much better than the first innings. You've been shown by your number 11 that it's possible to bat sensibly on this pitch, and you've been given the platform to do so. Too many of the dismissals have just been the same old nothing shots we're used to at this point.

cnerd123

likes this
England have gone from 171/1 to 248/8. That's 7 wickets for 77 runs.

Adair's last 6 overs have returned figures of 6-3-12-3