• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm reasonably sure the list is just wrong tbh. I can't find a mention of Middlesex playing regularly anywhere else.
Yeah cricketarchive has Titmus with 1198 wickets at Lords so it's wrong.

Dire. I even made a Facebook post. **** you cricinfo. :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
if you use cricinfo for historic domestic stats, you're a fool

which you are, ftr
If I checked the list and there was no-one on it from before 2001 I'd have twigged immediately, but you'd think Lillywhite's career would be harder for them to factor in than Titmus's.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If I checked the list and there was no-one on it from before 2001 I'd have twigged immediately, but you'd think Lillywhite's career would be harder for them to factor in than Titmus's.
As I said, I think it has a bit to do with when the scorecards were added. The 19th Century ones were probably added at a later date than the 20th Century ones, so formatting would suit collecting stats more.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I said, I think it has a bit to do with when the scorecards were added. The 19th Century ones were probably added at a later date than the 20th Century ones, so formatting would suit collecting stats more.
i wonder if it's a Wisden Almanack list that has randomly been used as a base