• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Ireland in England 2019

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:cool:

a man once described by Richard as adding absolutely zero value to the english county game
In fairness he was pretty rubbish at the start of his career. Only really came good after moving to Middlesex (which was 12 years ago now, lol)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
In fairness he was pretty rubbish at the start of his career. Only really came good after moving to Middlesex (which was 12 years ago now, lol)
Yeah but Richard's entire weird point was that anyone who moved counties before debuting internationally was inherently rubbish. Murtagh not only moving but vastly improving makes his point seem doubly stupid now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The Google win predictor is currently showing 73% England, 22% for Ireland and 5% for the draw.

Love to know what metrics it's using, especially for the draw!!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just spent a very enjoyable 30 minutes explaining to Social Jnr how big a deal Murtagh’s achievement was today

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This is a cool stat but really raises the question of where all the 20th century middlesex bowlers are. Fred Titmus took 2000+ wickets for them but not at Lords?
Yeah I thought that was weird too. A few 21st century bowlers popping up after the top 12 but no-one who debuted in the 20th century until about place 35.

Flem274*

123/5
umps initially given england the rub of the green twice. looking forward to war and peace - apologism edition from *****

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I thought that was weird too. A few 21st century bowlers popping up after the top 12 but no-one who debuted in the 20th century until about place 35.
I suspect it's the way that CricInfo organise non-Test scorecards (i.e. not set up properly up until about 2000 or so).

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'm reasonably sure the list is just wrong tbh. I can't find a mention of Middlesex playing regularly anywhere else.

Oh look, another wicket.