• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

18th Match - India v New Zealand

Who will win the match?

• Total voters

BeeGee

International Captain
What is this lowly '4th semi final spot' talk - rain would rob us of the chance for nine flawless victories on our way to top of the table.
Bloody oath! This isn't the 90s, we're here to win this thing. NZ can beat any of these teams.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah. India deserve to be favourites, but NZ has enough class players to spring an upset even in good batting conditions.

Looking forward to this, hoping the weather doesn't continue to be a ****.
Yeah dunno what Zinzan is on about. India are favourites but no team is super dominant right now and we aren't exactly as bad as Sri Lanka right now.

My pessimism is based on the fact we got hammered by them in our own backyard just 6 months ago, and we didn't look like we had a clue how to play their loopy flighty spinners.

Whether any team is dominant or not, I just feel they have our number in most conditions.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the met office forecast is basically for it to piss down overnight, lighten up to drizzle for a couple hours around noon, piss down again in the afternoon and finally clear up in the evening :/

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like a certain wash-out, which is great for NZ because I don't give them a chance otherwise.

Hopefully it stops raining in Nottingham by the time of the Australia v Bangladesh game on the following Thursday.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
India v NZ in a WC hasn't happened since 2003. Really hoping we get a game in, even if its a shortened match, some of our new players will need game time!

thundaboult

International Debutant
What is going on with Hesson, Mills, etc (other nation's journalists) all of a sudden clamoring for southee to replace henry?? Do his 7 wickets in 3 matches not count for anything?? Why is this Southee nightmare coming back....thought we were finally over this.

Athlai

Not Terrible
What is going on with Hesson, Mills, etc (other nation's journalists) all of a sudden clamoring for southee to replace henry?? Do his 7 wickets in 3 matches not count for anything?? Why is this Southee nightmare coming back....thought we were finally over this.
Yes it did count for something, it bought him one extra game.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes it did count for something, it bought him one extra game.
Seriously, what is it with you and pushing Southee for the ODI team? Since the last World Cup, Henry has a superior record to Southee against every major opponent save Bangladesh and South Africa (and that's only because Henry hasn't played South Africa - Southee averages over 50 against them). Henry's taken more wickets than Southee despite playing 10 fewer matches, has a better overall economy rate and has produced the goods against India last summer. Even if you're leary of Henry's death-bowling capabilities, there is literally no reason to pick Southee ahead of Henry given that Southee too has been taken to in the past couple summers, and we've already got good death bowling options with Boult and Fergz. I mean, how is this even a thing?

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
I’ve yet to see a justification from anyone pushing Southee’s inclusion apart from EXPERIENCEEEEEEEEE.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The only pro Southee argument that holds any water for me isn't even really about him in that Boult bowls better with Southee at the other end apparently.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The only pro Southee argument that holds any water for me isn't even really about him in that Boult bowls better with Southee at the other end apparently.
Again, even this doesn't hold up. In 20 matches that Boult has played where Southee was absent, Boult has taken 50 wickets at 18.07. In the 35 games he played where Matt Henry was absent, Boult took 59 wickets at 28.71.

thundaboult

International Debutant
^ Doesn't matter. They will still find some justification to put him in. The ****ing guy has the backing of illuminati it seems.