• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Match - England v South Africa at The Oval

King Pietersen

International Captain
ICC promoting the POTD site, yet when you go to the URL they suggest it takes you to last years' Womens T20 WC site. Brilliant.

PikeyB

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was that 'the Claw' ? Stokes has a messed up finger and has caught crazy catches before with it .

tooextracool

International Coach
I look at Miller's tournament record and his fielding personally. When he gets going no one like him in our batting can make a team pay exponentially.

Right now Markram and Duminy are really hanging on by threads.
I'm honestly surprised every time I see Duminy's name on a team sheet, very much like when I see Suresh Raina's. By all accounts a swell guy who was earmarked for big things but you could count the number of match defining contributions he has made on one hand. On the other hand, I've always felt that Miller has been given a raw deal consistently from SA and his IPL team.

SeamUp

International Coach
I'm honestly surprised every time I see Duminy's name on a team sheet, very much like when I see Suresh Raina's. By all accounts a swell guy who was earmarked for big things but you could count the number of match defining contributions he has made on one hand. On the other hand, I've always felt that Miller has been given a raw deal consistently from SA and his IPL team.
Saw this the other day.

Here's a question.
Are we too harsh on David Miller?
In the history of ODI cricket, only 8 batsmen to have played a 100 matches have a SR of 100+. Of those 8, only AB and Jos Butler have a better average.

cnerd123

likes this
England's bowling has come together really nicely with Jofra in the mix now. Sublime fielding side, and a batting lineup that can post 300+ on an off day against really good bowling. Great team

SA really could have batted a lot better.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
uh didn't really think Archer would have such a big impact
Me too; and this is supposed to be a slowish pitch isn't it? Whilst I totally take Howe's point about 300+ always being more than competitive, it looked far better when we're unable to unleash Archer instead of David Willey. Our two most recent series against Pakistan and WI showed how vulnerable our attack could be.

tooextracool

International Coach
Should be great on our highveld pitches at the end of the year too. Probably doubts whether Anderson will carry on post Ashes. Come at a great time.
Absolutely, we're probably looking at Archer and the two Currans as the future of England test match bowling over the next decade if things work out.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't wait to say England only won the world cup because they poached archer.

In all seriousness though, he looks a genuinely awesome short format bowler.

smash84

The Tiger King
the only way this England team will lose is to have an off day in the knockouts, come up on a slow pitch like champions trophy or something like that

tooextracool

International Coach
Saw this the other day.

Here's a question.
Are we too harsh on David Miller?
In the history of ODI cricket, only 8 batsmen to have played a 100 matches have a SR of 100+. Of those 8, only AB and Jos Butler have a better average.

He also bats better at 5 than 6 where SAF have typically used him with time to bat himself in.