• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

Slifer

International Captain
This record was always going to get broken. We've had just too many scares of it in the last ten or so years.

Glad it's finally over.
Yeah but tbh I would've expected India or Pakistan to have done it. Sl just got swept at home and them swept in oz to a team missing two key players. Then they play the team with the best bowling attack(imo) and beat them. The first test took a once in a lifetime innings but they more or less dominated this test. 2019 has gotten off to a flyer. First WI upset England, now this.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
this really is the pits for saf. australia at least had the excuse of missing Smith and Warner. No one was giving Srl, a team who always suck in SENA, a sniff before this series. Id consider actually asking AB to reconsider his retirement, this batting was being held together by him the previous summer and it's showing now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Easily the most shocked I've ever been by a series result. How the **** did they do this without Matthews and chandimal?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic stuff by SL and a clinical finish by Mendis and Oshada. Congratulations to their fans!

Bahseph

International Debutant
Amazing! Man Sri Lanka always find ways to win when you least expect them. Great day for Test Cricket and Sri Lankan cricket.

OverratedSanity

this really is the pits for saf. australia at least had the excuse of missing Smith and Warner. No one was giving Srl, a team who always suck in SENA, a sniff before this series. Id consider actually asking AB to reconsider his retirement, this batting was being held together by him the previous summer and it's showing now.
It showed back then as well. This lineup has looked horrible for ages. For once, they haven't been bailed out by their bowlers.

Borges

International Regular
In retrospect, dropping Chandimal was a masterstroke by the Sri Lankan selectors. Sri Lankan selectors >>>>> CricketWeb etc.

harsh.ag

What you need is new blood who are told that it's up to them now.

StephenZA

Amazing! Man Sri Lanka always find ways to win when you least expect them. Great day for Test Cricket and Sri Lankan cricket.
This is the biggest thing for me.... i dislike it when people question SL position in test cricket. They have some great talented players and fully deserve this victory.

And I would prefer losing to SL, than India, Aus or Eng......

Heboric

International Debutant
Seeing as people are only mentioning one teams missing players, I will add

South Africa missed Philander

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Congrats Sri Lanka!! Really, really impressive performance. I think there'd be 8 or SL's really pleased with their individual performance this Test which is huge.

Wonder what the odds would have been of a 2-0 series win to SL

trundler

Holy ****, it happened. I'm having a complete existentiy crisis now. Anything is possible apparently.