• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka Tour of South Africa 2019

Slifer

International Captain
Is this the greatest test series upset in history?? For me it is in all my years of watching cricket (30 years +).

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Last week the match required a brilliant innings and last wicket standard to get them home. This was match was just SL dominating. Well done to them, much deserved victory.
But not until the second innings. Even this chase should have been tough considering how the teams have batted through the match.

The ease with which they're winning this is mad.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is this the greatest test series upset in history?? For me it is in all my years of watching cricket (30 years +).
Has to be. A strong side that's never lost at home to an Asian side

A weak as piss side with half the side having played under 10 tests coming off a drubbing and who never win away

Bahseph

International Debutant
Last week was played off as just Kusal being brilliant, which I can accept. But this is domination. Yeah they got bowled out for 150. But they fought back and have bossed the game since.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is pretty good for India staying at the top of the rankings for a while.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
But not until the second innings. Even this chase should have been tough considering how the teams have batted through the match.

The ease with which they're winning this is mad.
This pitch had no demons.... I`m not surprised it gone this way. But SL have been fearless.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know this is a little pathetic but the only thing I'm thinking about this entire innings is how India couldn't beat this team.

Heboric

International Debutant
This record was always going to get broken. We've had just too many scares of it in the last ten or so years.

Glad it's finally over.
I am confused :confused1

That should be a positive if we came through the tough situations. No team wins every session for 10 years

Slifer

International Captain
I know this is a little pathetic but the only thing I'm thinking about this entire innings is how India couldn't beat this team.
India actually had plenty of chances but either choked or RSA just pulled the old get out of jail performance. Either way, this result just reinforces India's rightful claim to the top of test cricket.

Bahseph

International Debutant
India actually had plenty of chances but either choked or RSA just pulled the old get out of jail performance. Either way, this result just reinforces India's rightful claim to the top of test cricket.
Absolutely. The SA attack can fool people into thinking that this is a brilliant team. It isn't, we have brilliant fast bowlers and a very under used but still quality spinner. So yeah, they will bowl teams out for sub 200 often. But the batting can't even cross 300 these days.