• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Drs

markjohnconley

Cricket Spectator
I write regarding the DRS used on Head's dismissal.
Please correct me if i am wrong but in the 'ball tracker' section the lateral view stopped before the ball had crossed the plane of the wickets and the rear view the angle of the view was not in direct line with the ball as it approached the wickets but lower causing a parallax shift. I'm not claiming the ball wouldn't have hit the stumps but from what i saw on the Australian televised material it wasn't conclusive. Did i blink and miss the ball actually hitting the stumps on the ball tracker?, thanks, mark

Borges

International Regular
Haven't seen this but yes, DRS does make the occasional, fairly obvious, bloomer.
Probably still better overall than the umpires, who I'm told are too preoccupied with their other onerous and numerous responsibilities.

markjohnconley

Cricket Spectator
So the 'ball tracker ' actually showed the ball HITTING the stumps?, because i was watching and there wasn't conclusive evidence. So you saw it on the coverage you were watching? This is replying to 'Cow''s post, "Out"

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It'd probably be better if you saw a real Doctor about your ball tracking problems than resorting to advice on a forum tbh

markjohnconley

Cricket Spectator
It'd probably be better if you saw a real Doctor about your ball tracking problems than resorting to advice on a forum tbh
'sledger', instead of a smart arse comment why don't you confirm or not whether you actually saw the ball tracker SHOW the ball HITTING the stumps, mark

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has been bugging me since this thread was made. Mark, learn to capitalise all letters in an acronym please and thank you

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
This has been bugging me since this thread was made. Mark, learn to capitalise all letters in an acronym please and thank you
Forum software won't let you have a thread title in all caps. He capitalised it properly in his post so I think it just "corrected" the title for him.

markjohnconley

Cricket Spectator
TJB, will do my best.
Perhaps you might recall, if you watched the game, whether the 'ball tracker' actually showed the (imaginary) ball contacting the stumps, all the best, mark
That game was no advertisement for the DRS especially with the Sri Lankan batsman ruled out when the ball had appeared to have 'snicked' his elbow.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
TJB, will do my best.
Perhaps you might recall, if you watched the game, whether the 'ball tracker' actually showed the (imaginary) ball contacting the stumps, all the best, mark
That game was no advertisement for the DRS especially with the Sri Lankan batsman ruled out when the ball had appeared to have 'snicked' his elbow.
The ball was just clipping the stumps. Or possibly just missing, but within the margin of error of the technology it stays 'out' because that was the umpires original decision.

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Read this as Doctors and wanted to add that Dr W.G was probably the finest Dr to play international cricket.

Last edited:

FBU

International Debutant
The prediction from hawkeye that it is hitting the stumps is not reliable once distance exceeds 2.5 meters.