• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If what you’re saying is right, and frankly I think it’s bull****, it’s probably got a lot more to do with then knowing that if they roll a side for 350 it’s about 110 too many for their own batsmen.

Australia’s bowling has been fine all series. Every problem with the team is it’s batting. Why people are looking to dissect this is beyond me. It’s a simple explanation and it’s true. They can’t bat for ****.
I think when a side is 4/300, it's a clear sign they've been poor. Seems more of a fatigue though.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What about Cook in 2011? Hammond in 28/29 maybe?
not 3 winning causes but brisbane may as well counted as a win given how cook batted and the total england amassed
OMG just checked the Hammond series! What a colossal one he had! So, if India wins this match it will be the first time someone does this in last 90 years? [And first time ever in a 4 or less-match series]

Last edited:

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
This just doesn't look like the attack that people were saying were one of the best in history. Multiple series of your batsmen sucking will do that I suppose.
Warne mentioned the last game that both Hazelwood and starc are averaging over 30 this year and that's plainly not good enough for a bowling attack that people accept is one of the best around. Starc is an old ball bowler at the best of times, one might say that it can't be a coincidence that following sandpaper gate he has been so ordinary. Cummins is the real.deal otoh.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's because they now know that when they are struggling for wickets on a flat pitch they can no longer get the ball to reverse like they used to.
Lol

You obviously missed the part where Australia bounced the crap out of England last year

Reverse swing in Australia is as rare as a Jaberwocky sighting

We have no batsmen and are losing tosses on slow pitches

cnerd123

likes this
Here's a fun fact - India bowled 579 overs in the first three Tests, while Australia bowled 565.

India has actually spent more time in the field this series. Difference being, India have utilised more bowlers.

Nathan Lyon has had a massive workload - 213.5 overs so far and counting. The next highest has been 137 from Hazlewood. Bumrah has bowled 136 overs in just the first 3 Tests alone - the man's a freak.

stephen

To be fair, Australian bowling this series had been very good but India's batting has been exceptional.

social

Here's a fun fact - India bowled 579 overs in the first three Tests, while Australia bowled 565.

India has actually spent more time in the field this series. Difference being, India have utilised more bowlers.

Nathan Lyon has had a massive workload - 213.5 overs so far and counting. The next highest has been 137 from Hazlewood. Bumrah has bowled 136 overs in just the first 3 Tests alone - the man's a freak.
He’s been great but it’s far easier when there’s no opposition

Stick Smith at the other end and suddenly there’s a guy that you actually have to think about

As it stands, he can simply run up and bowl

Borges

International Regular
Bumrah has bowled 136 overs in just the first 3 Tests alone - the man's a freak.
I don't think he will be as penetrative, or as quick, in this test match as he was earlier. Bowlers from both sides are a tired lot.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Lol

You obviously missed the part where Australia bounced the crap out of England last year

Reverse swing in Australia is as rare as a Jaberwocky sighting

We have no batsmen and are losing tosses on slow pitches
I literally sat there watching the ball hoop around corners once it became 30 overs old. Sure they bounced people out too, but don't pretend the ball hasn't been reversing in Aus in recent years fs

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
As mentioned on Fox Sports coverage today, odd how poor Nathan Lyon's record at the SCG is - currently averaging almost 50 a wicket.

Can only guess he usually has a massive workload each summer and with Sydney being the final Test, he runs out of gas here.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
I reckon there are issues with the Oz bowling attack; namely that their clear best paceman of the past 12 months is always coming on first change. Perhaps he isnt a natural new ball bowler but I think they had to bite the bullet today and give him the responsibility.

Re: Hazlewood's drop-off in form, he just seems to have lost that relentless accuracy that defined him in 2015-17 period; especially susceotiable to bowling on batsmen's pass. He was better today generally but a real letdown with the 2nd new ball.

Borges

International Regular
Pitch it up..
Bowling short at that time seemed to be a reasonable tactic; Mayank in particular did look distinctly uncomfortable.
They probably kept at it for too long, and didn't succeed in getting a breakthrough. Trying to bounce batsmen out takes a huge amount of effort;and they looked very flat later in the day.

the big bambino

International Captain
Our bowlers are tired and ineffectual because we had to give priority to our batsmen which meant that our best 4 have had to bowl practically all overs delivered. Amazingly we managed to screw up the batting order anyway so we haven't even got the runs to justify straining our bowlers.