• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Never was a road. There was Inconsistent bounce on day 1. Aus commentators and fans just have to apply cognitive dissonance to not be reminded of how **** their team is.
It was most certainly a road on day one. If two balls in 90 overs keep low, that doesn’t constitute inconsistent bounce.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Unless the tail collapses in a heap, I think India should act like the locals and not enforce the follow-on. There's enough turn and variable bounce to bowl Australia out inside 4 and a bit sessions I would've thought.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marsh batting to his ability is nothing to be angry at. It's not his fault he keeps getting picked despite proving time and time again he can't bat at test match level.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Selectors need to rename the squad for SCG.

Burns, Maxwell and Stoinis in for Finch, Smarsh and Mmarsh

And probably Tremain in as at least one of our quicks is gonna be stuffed after this test

morgieb

Unless the tail collapses in a heap, I think India should act like the locals and not enforce the follow-on. There's enough turn and variable bounce to bowl Australia out inside 4 and a bit sessions I would've thought.
Yeah there's lots of time left in the game. If this was Day 4 it'd obviously be a different story, but it shouldn't be hard at all for India to bowl us out within 5 sessions. I suppose Australia did save a Test from a very similar position in the UAE, but this pitch looks worse and there's no consistent pattern for Australia saving Tests at all.

stephen

And probably Tremain in as at least one of our quicks is gonna be stuffed after this test
Cummins might pull a hamstring after scoring 200 and taking 9/50 to win us the match in the last session of day 5.

Last edited:

Zinzan

To steal that old phase would be like rearranging the chairs on the Titanic wouldn’t it? I mean change for changes sake innit?

halba

International 12th Man
Yeah there's lots of time left in the game. If this was Day 4 it'd obviously be a different story, but it shouldn't be hard at all for India to bowl us out within 5 sessions. I suppose Australia did save a Test from a very similar position in the UAE, but this pitch looks worse and there's no consistent pattern for Australia saving Tests at all.
this is just incompetence now. this batting lineup is the worst ever we've fielded in test cricket.

Arun finch - he's a T20/ODI player, and not a good one at that
M Harris - hes a walking wicket, bad against the short ball
Khawaja - Hes never been a consistent player
Smarsh - very scratchy technique, 30 ave in tests after over a decade
MMarsh - a no rounder. Cant bowl and certainly can't bat.
Head - He's nothing special, would never be picked in any past team.
Paine - he's OK but nothing special.

social

I had a feeling that this match would prove to be similar to the Ashes a while ago where a victory in Perth was the equivalent of putting a bandaid on a broken leg

This batting lineup is bad and changes should have been made to the squad