• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian test selection 2018/19

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
He keeps making runs at Shield level so I suppose there's no need for the Victorian coach to do it. Then again, they like to think of themselves as a bit edgy and quirky down in Victoria, because they have 19th century style trams and have put some cafes in a few lane ways, along with some graffiti. So hep.

I mean, even if he wanted to use the same technique, he would perform a lot better if he batted with his back foot on the popping crease to negate the movement. The fact he doesn't probably means he's actually scared/ can't play the short ball/ a ****.
Hep C or B?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I’m still convinced that the lifting of the no Victorian batsman policy is the reason for Australia’s recent malaise.

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
When is Bancroft available?

Because when you're dropping a batsman with a flawed technique, it makes sense to replace him with another batsman with a flawed technique.

Last edited:

aussie tragic

International Captain
Omg, Tremain released and other 13 unchanged. How does Mmarsh and Handscomb remain in the squad (or how is Siddle next best bowler for that matter).

Second Spitter

State Vice-Captain
I'm taking bets for the cliché that will attempt to justify picking Handscomb:

• "<something, something> not changing a winning team"
  • "He took some excellent catches"
  • "<something, something> home ground"
  • "There's nobody else staking their claim"
  • Write your own

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Omg, Tremain released and other 13 unchanged. How does Mmarsh and Handscomb remain in the squad (or how is Siddle next best bowler for that matter).
Dropping Mitch Marsh from the squad wouldn't have made much sense given he hasn't played at all since the first squad was named. Whether you rate him or not, whatever process got in the original squad was always going to have him retained.
EDIT: Actually no I'm wrong, he did play that one Shield game. But still, they weren't going to drop him based on just that.

I'm surprised Handscomb hasn't been swapped out though, especially given the squad is for the fourth Test as well, and even more surprised that Siddle seemingly really is the reserve quick and not just in the squad because they like having him around.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
M Marsh did nothing in the shield game and gets selected. Burns has done nothing wrong but is mystifyingly not selected. The selectors really are dimwits aren't they?

the big bambino

International Captain
Is the next shield round starting 23rd Feb? Would've thought they could've sneaked a round in btwn the 20-23rd December. They could then rest the skipper, the 4 bowlers as well as Finch Harris, Usman and Head and pointedly asked Marsh and Handscomb to play.

As for Second Spitter's post about Handscomb I'll pick something something home ground and I don't want 2 Marshs in the team.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
picking on shield form has of course led to stellar results like peter handscomb being recalled