• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Spark

Global Moderator
How does Pujara play in a situation like this? It's unfair to expect him to change his game but I can't help thinking his usual stoic self is going to cost us wickets in a chasing situation.
these sorts of questions are exactly what makes chasing hard. it's simply hard to know what to do, and the indecision unquestionably leads to batsmen making mistakes they usually wouldn't.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Man, KL Rahul was supposed to be the next big thing. What a useless tool he is looking like right now.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
these sorts of questions are exactly what makes chasing hard. it's simply hard to know what to do, and the indecision unquestionably leads to batsmen making mistakes they usually wouldn't.
I usually dont agree with "play your natural game" except in situations like these where it keeps your mind uncluttered.

vcs

LOL

This is going to be the usual fourth innings failure story for India. Nice to see us give up 40 runs for the 10th wicket too.

Burgey

Pujara will have to play normally. There's a fair bit of time in the game, and I don't know that him trying to play differently will do anything more than lead to him getting out anyway.

Don't want to see any half volleys in this dig from our fellas. Fullish, sure. But not the half volleys they gave custard nuts in the first dig.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Man, it must take some ticker to stand out there in the middle, big quickie bowling missiles, huge stands in the foreground, wind if there's any threatening to blow you over. Professional or not, it's a miracle the mind doesn't just freeze to stone.

Burgey

I usually dont agree with "play your natural game" except in situations like these where it keeps your mind uncluttered.
His game is pretty well suited to this anyway tbh. Plays late and straight, blokes can bat around him once he gets in. There's heaps of time in the game, though it will take something special, and no small amount of luck to get there.