• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of Bangladesh 2018

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Overthrows, dropped catches. Choking and throwing it away again.

BD are going to be the new SA when it comes to dealing with crunch situations in ODIs one day
Neither team wanted to win it seems. Only Shai stood tall. They dropped catches, we soaked up stupid amounts of dot balls pointlessly. I think ultimately we played well today apart from a couple of terrible innings from Bravo and Samuels and nerves from Paul.

Shai now averages 44 in ODI cricket after 43 matches and has been very impressive in tricky conditions against India and Bangladesh. Now he needs to start replicating in tests.

Beamer

I'd drop Samuels and Bravo from the ODI team, and bring in Lewis and Pooran.
This absolutely, but the mugs didn't even bother to bring Pooran on tour, so it will need to be Allen and Ambris, who both deserve a chance.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Top knock from Hope, really glad to see him churn out such a big score. He's really come on leaps & bounds in the past 6-12 months.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top knock from Hope, really glad to see him churn out such a big score. He's really come on leaps & bounds in the past 6-12 months.
Sort of. I'd say he's heavily dissapointed in tests since his twin tons. Woeful average

But obviously very talented and a solid effort here. Must be close to the record for % of team runs scored in an odi

Beamer

Sort of. I'd say he's heavily dissapointed in tests since his twin tons. Woeful average

But obviously very talented and a solid effort here. Must be close to the record for % of team runs scored in an odi
He has been very disappointing in Tests there's no doubt about it. He has really improved in ODI's this year though and now averages close to 45.

Beamer

Hope is solid in this format but has a 90s strike rate
He's improving it quite dramatically. It was 65 before the India series, it's now at 72. In ODIs he's the least of our problems.

Complete lack of understanding of ODIs by team management is the biggest. Too many selection errors to mention tbh.

Beamer

What an innings from Shai. Given the difficulty of the pitch and the complete ineptness of his colleagues (second highest score of 19), that was a quality innings. Now averaging 47.48 in ODI's.

Awful from everyone else though. You just can't have Samuels and Bravo in this side. They have to go, it's time to let Ambris, Allen and Pooran free.

Beamer

T20 squad announced. Lewis is back. But unfortunately so is Kesrick Williams. Quite what he did to earn that selection is a mystery. Still, not a bad team with some good young talent. Certainly a lot more dynamic than the ODI side they picked.

Carlos Brathwaite – (Captain)
Darren Bravo
Shimron Hetmyer
Fabian Allen
Kesrick Williams
Keemo Paul
Khary Pierre
Evin Lewis
Nicholas Pooran
Rovman Powell
Denesh Ramdin
Shai Hope
Sherfane Rutherford
Sheldon Cottrell
Oshane Thomas

Beamer

This team really does have nothing going for it does it? Rovman went on about Bangladesh's weakness against pace in the press conference yesterday and then they dropped Oshane, the only pacer to get any wickets and cause problems on this tour.

So we can't bat very well, we can only really bowl pace and they don;t select pacers and we drop catches. Great stuff!

In fairness, they haven;t had much luck either, Roach injured now and Shai unable to take the field.

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
The good news is, Hope seems to be learning how to carefully construct a ODI ton. He goes about it systematically, like a very low-rent Kohli.

The bad news is, WI still suck mightily. Samuels and Darren Bravo kill all momentum, and the bowling attack (I can't believe I'm saying this) looks awful without Holder.

That T20 team list is also depressing; Carlos Brathwaite is not a T20 batsman, and is actually more suited for tests, but the selectors have moulded him into a kind of caricatural, brainless slogger.