• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So if Rohit comes in and makes a quick 60, we're forced to carry him for one more Test at least? You never wish a player to fail and I certainly don't tomorrow but god that's a **** situation to have on your hands.
I would rather have Rohit over Rahane right now.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
I would rather have Rohit over Rahane right now.
Yes in this case Rohit's more likely to come and bash out a quick thirty.

I missed Rahane's "in bloom" period, but every time I've watched him the last two years he's looked like a headless chicken at the crease. It's time he was stripped of the vice captaincy so axing him becomes less awkward.

But how do you even strip someone of a vice captaincy? It seems like an awfully petty thing to do. Is there precedent of someone losing the VC and then being dropped?

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
I don't think VC means anything, Rahane's probably holding on to it because no one actually remembers he happens to be that.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Pujara clearly has an infinity stone in his bat. He will be an Avenger before the series is over

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Justin Langer believes if Australia celebrated wickets like Virat Kohli they’d be considered the ‘worst blokes in the world

Australian coach Justin Langer believes if the Aussies were to celebrate wickets like Virat Kohli does, they’d be considered “the world blokes in the world”.
The vocal Indian captain is known for his celebrations after wickets, showing off his passion for the game, but Langer suggested there was a “fine line” between celebrating and being over the top.

“He’s a superstar of the game and he’s the captain. We’ve talked for as long as I can remember in Australian cricket teams that you want to keep the opposition captain down as much as possible. You love seeing that passion in sport,” Langer told Fox Cricket.

“Mind you I think if we did that at the moment we’d be the worst blokes in the world. It’s a fine line isn’t it?

“That’s the truth of it, but I love seeing the passion, that is great passion. But as I said there’s a fine line.”

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It doesn't sound to me as if he's criticizing Kohli for his celebrations - more that the Aussies would be judged more harshly if they behaved brashly, with ball-tampering-gate fresh in public memory. Sounds fair to me.

That's my interpretation anyway, the man speaks in riddles so who knows.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
It doesn't sound to me as if he's criticizing Kohli for his celebrations - more that the Aussies would be judged more harshly if they behaved brashly, with ball-tampering-gate fresh in public memory. Sounds fair to me.

That's my interpretation anyway, the man speaks in riddles so who knows.
Imagine if they celebrated like Hasan Ali. He makes Kohli look like an angel!

morgieb

Langer has a point. Kohli really does come across as a massive wanker in how he celebrates.

OverratedSanity

Kohli comes across as a wanker literally all the time. However Langer is kinda implying Australia don't deserve their reputation of being ****wits which is nonsense.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I know we all know it, but seriously I don't think Australia could have appointed a worse coach to lead them through this tough period.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes in this case Rohit's more likely to come and bash out a quick thirty.

I missed Rahane's "in bloom" period, but every time I've watched him the last two years he's looked like a headless chicken at the crease. It's time he was stripped of the vice captaincy so axing him becomes less awkward.

But how do you even strip someone of a vice captaincy? It seems like an awfully petty thing to do. Is there precedent of someone losing the VC and then being dropped?
Mitch Marsh was VC and he got the flick

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Plenty of things to object to about Langer and his coaching as of late, but this isn't one of them. Reading the whole quote I pretty much agree