• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
With the amount of turn and number of lefties in Aussie lineup, I wish Kuldeep was playing. Would have been super fun to see him in 4th innings.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
There's something not quite right about this commentary team. So hard to get used to anything not channel 9 from Australia.
Every time India visited Aus from 1991-92, I was looking forward to commentary from Richie Benaud, Tony Greig, Bill Lawry and Ian Chappell, but has been denied every time since 2003-04(with we bringing our own team). Kapil getting his 400th wicket with Tony and Bill having the mike in hand is one of the vintage moments of my childhood. Missing those old days badly.

With Richie and Tony no more, Bill retired and only Ian left, it does not matter whether we get channel 9 or something else these days.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
There's something not quite right about this commentary team. So hard to get used to anything not channel 9 from Australia.
They talk a lot. They're chatty like longtime buddies. And their voices don't have the kind of authority we came to expect from the old, pre-Mark Taylor/Ian Healy C9 guard. Benaud, Chappell, Greig, Lawry considered themselves TV presenters with pride once they moved into that role. This lot still thinks like guest commentators. No control over sentence construction, inflection, delivery. Harsha Bhogle feels like a breath of fresh air when he comes on, and that can't be a good thing for the new guys but it speaks for specialized experience.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia piled on the pressure early but the lead is over a 100 now. Australia's session but the game is neck and neck. Terrific.

h_hurricane

Australia piled on the pressure early but the lead is over a 100 now. Australia's session but the game is neck and neck. Terrific.
I don't know which way the game will go from this point, but the post lunch session was definitely not Australia's. I was expecting KL and MV to get rolled over easily, but that has not happened.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ishant and Bumrah can keep it tight if it is a 250-300 run chase while Ashwin handles all the lefties. If Shami gets it right in the last innings, I think this is pretty much our game if we score another 150.

h_hurricane

Mark Butcher and Murali Karthick were pretty average cricketers by all means, but it seems they were better cricketers than commentators.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
It's been strange kind of batting from India. We have lost only 2 wickets but there were lot of ill advised shots. Rahul still can't curb his instincts of driving or lofting through covers. Vijay is done for. And Pujara strangely kept stepping out to Lyon when he is getting so much turn.