• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* West Indies Tour of India 2018

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm. If anything, I think it's slightly overrated.
Absolutely don't agree at all but please do go on, would like to hear your point of view?

I think a lot depends on which Shannon Gabriel turns up, at his best he can extract real pace out of even the deadest of pitches, but when he's off he tends to be way off

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Absolutely don't agree at all but please do go on, would like to hear your point of view?
All of them only got their averages under 30 playing against a poor Sl and very poor Bangladesh side playing on quite poor, inconsistent surfaces in the past year. Holder's medium-fast will likely be of limited utility unless there is inconsistent bounce, and Gabriel although a late bloomer still is not that accurate, has no-ball problems and needs to be on rhythm to be effective, and Roach, the most experienced, has a so-so subcon record. None really has any proven pedigree in the conditions they're likely to face. I'd say overall they are at least a level down from the current Indian pace attack.

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'd say overall they are at least a level down from the current Indian pace attack.
Man, that's not something anyone would even imagine saying 20 years back. Obviously the India pace attack is better now than ever, but really shows how much windies have gone down over years.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
All of them only got their averages under 30 playing against a poor Sl and very poor Bangladesh side playing on quite poor, inconsistent surfaces in the past year. Holder's medium-fast will likely be of limited utility unless there is inconsistent bounce, and Gabriel although a late bloomer still is not that accurate, has no-ball problems and needs to be on rhythm to be effective, and Roach, the most experienced, has a so-so subcon record. None really has any proven pedigree in the conditions they're likely to face. I'd say overall they are at least a level down from the current Indian pace attack.
Very unfair on Roach, saying he only got his average below 30 because of the recent WI home season simply isn't true. He has been averaging under 30 the majority of his test career, was down as low as 25ish before he crocked his shoulder. It was only really that one truly dire series here in Australia which blew his average out, he was clearly waaaaaaaay below full fitness and shouldn't have been selected in the first place.
Agree on Gabriel and especially Holder though

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
India have a big selection problem if Siraj does well. Really hope he starts. He would have walked into any Indian team in the past a while ago with his recent stats.

Great problem to have I suppose! Still cant get over how good our seamers are compared to the last 20+ years I have been watching

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'm guessing India will line up like this on Thursday:

- KL Rahul
- PP Shaw
- C Pujara
- V Kohli*
- A Rahane
- H Vihari
- R Pant+
- R Ashwin
- R Jadeja
- M Shami
- U Yadav

Thoughts?

Jadeja at 9 in Indian conditions is overkill for the batting. Should always play 5 bowlers in Asia where Ashwin and Jaddu will always start, back them both with the bat in India.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Our pace attack has slowly but surely become more effective over the last 2 years, not just in the last home series. The proof will be in the pudding but I think they'll do just fine. My concerns are Bishoo bowling long hops to destroyers of spin and a batting line up that excels in pretty 20s and 30s and not a lot else.

My lineup now that Roach won't make it in time:

Braithwaite
Powell (pull your finger out please and stop being a passenger)
Hetmeyer
Hope
Chase
Ambris
Dowrich (wk)
Holder
Paul/Lewis
Bishoo
Gabriel

Keemo Paul is an excellent young seamer and I hope he gets the chance to show it. Apparently Lewis was extremely impressive in the warm up match though, so they might opt for him instead.

Powell needs to sink or swim in this series. A poor series for Chase or Hope will put them very much on notice also.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian XII announced. Shaw to debut. Quite a lot of exciting stroke makers in the team with Shaw, Pant, Kohli, Rahul and Jadeja.