• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It’s fine, don’t worry. You’re not allowed to have an opinion on this forum, sticking up for me won’t change that! :)
Have the balls to defend your posts and criticize posts criticizing you rather than getting your undies in a twist about how bad the forum is. Same goes for Singh767.

Borges

International Regular
Always point out how bad this forum is; keep repeating it at every opportunity that presents itself.
That way, you do good: if they are shielded from much needed, albeit unpleasant, truths about themselves all the time, how are they going to become better?
Plus, it's great fun. ATG fun.

SteveWaugh

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I feel Bumrah's wayward bowling in the 2nd innings was very costly. Don't understand why people are blaming Ashwin, he is by far our best spinner and looked consistently threatening. He had some chances dropped by Pant (who was even more poor than Bumrah through the match); on another day Ashwin would have had a 6-fer.

I hope this brings an end to Kohli's captaincy. He has been guilty of consistent favouritism, whether it be simply for friendships (Dhawan, Rahul, Pant) or something more malicious (in my opinion, cricketers from South India have been consistently given short leeway by Kohli). Pujara and Ashwin are more than good enough for captaincy. Pujara, Rahane, Ashwin, Karthik (as much as I like Saha, DK has so much potential, beauty and grace in his batting, he could our AB de Villiers), Umesh, Bhuvneshwar, Shami and Ishant should be given 100% backing in Australia.

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
I honestly have not seen any poster with worse opinions
After being on this forum for a few months I give John and Mr Miyagi the award. Them 2 actually believed what they are saying. Steve Waugh is just on a wind up I think lol

SteveWaugh

I cannot believe there to be a real human being walking the earth who genuinely believes this
Karthik has so much potential and ability, he just hasn't been backed by Kohli. You'll see how good he is in Australia. He has a classic, beautiful technique, unlike a hacker/slogger Rishabh Pant.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
After being on this forum for a few months I give John and Mr Miyagi the award. Them 2 actually believed what they are saying. Steve Waugh is just on a wind up I think lol
Vaas over McGrath is yet to be topped I fear.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
It's true, this forum is just a toxic place filled with toxic people. Say anything you just get criticised or abused. But hey, I'm wrong so who cares?

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Karthik has so much potential and ability, he just hasn't been backed by Kohli. You'll see how good he is in Australia. He has a classic, beautiful technique, unlike a hacker/slogger Rishabh Pant.
Stevie Wonder could clean bow him from between bat and pad.

Borges

International Regular
Saha will be back for Australia; the pretenders would be caught by their ears and flung aside, to make way for him.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Even if one does believe that about DK's batting, Saha's far superior keeping should give them pause before recommending the replacement.

SteveWaugh

Even if one does believe that about DK's batting, Saha's far superior keeping should give them pause before recommending the replacement.
I don't think so. Both have very similar experience of wicketkeeping, both have been keeping for a long time in first class cricket. They have equal experience, they are both equally good wicketkeepers. The difference, Karthik (a potentially generational batsman) hasn't been given his fair chance by the arrogant drunkard Shastri.

Burner

International Regular
What has Saha ever done to be held in such high estimations? I'd go on with Pant. They are both pretty good keepers and from what I've seen Saha might pip Pant in the keeping department but batting wise Pant has much bigger potential.

cnerd123

likes this
Sure he's better than Pant but there is daylight between his ceiling and ABDV's

I mean I know he won the Nidahas trophy and that's an incredible feat but let's be real here.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Criticism is expected and you can always report abuse.
A lot of people just have a lot to learn. It's one thing disagreeing, that's fine. We all have different opinions. But throwing abuse around because of it is child in the playground kind of thing.

Borges

International Regular
It's true, this forum is just a toxic place filled with toxic people. Say anything you just get criticised or abused. But hey, I'm wrong so who cares?
Try saying something that these aforementioned toxic guys agree with; and you would be celebrated as a great poster. In fact the basic idea for glory and ATGhood here is to get into the good books of the most toxic characters; hail their favourite players as your own favourite players etc. Otherwise, you would end up as just another ATVG.

cnerd123

likes this
What has Saha ever done to be held in such high estimations? I'd go on with Pant. They are both pretty good keepers and from what I've seen Saha might pip Pant in the keeping department but batting wise Pant has much bigger potential.
Saha is far more reliable than Pant or DK. Less athletic and probably less potential with the bat, but doesn't drop catches and builds useful partnerships down the order. Karthik's batting and keeping is rocks or diamonds, and Pant is an athletic keeper with awful technique and a raw batting talent

Pant could be better than Saha down the line (very likely will be), but atm Saha is clearly the best option