• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's a bureaucrat saving his skin, what do you expect? Guy should be sent back into the 80s, would fit right in with the Babu Raj of the time.
Keep saying it you guys need to keep him as coach to save all our ears from bleeding as he would just go straight back to comms.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Speaking of 'what ifs', imagine if India had won a single toss, maybe we'd be all excited for a decider. But yeah, it's very strange. I feel like at a lot of the time India were in fact the better side but England had all the luck and Sam Curran, while India missed their supposed premier bowler and Bumrah for a fair amount and Ashwin was clearly injured. Outside of Asia these sides are pretty even and India have competed. Inside Asia the gap stretches. Ah well, dead rubber to come! At least Cookie might get the 100 he deserves on finale!

TheJediBrah

Speaking of 'what ifs', imagine if India had won a single toss, maybe we'd be all excited for a decider. But yeah, it's very strange. I feel like at a lot of the time India were in fact the better side but England had all the luck and Sam Curran, while India missed their supposed premier bowler and Bumrah for a fair amount and Ashwin was clearly injured. Outside of Asia these sides are pretty even and India have competed. Inside Asia the gap stretches. Ah well, dead rubber to come! At least Cookie might get the 100 he deserves on finale!
I think you managed to use every losing side cliche whinge in a single post

CasMcG24

U19 Vice-Captain
I think you managed to use every losing side cliche whinge in a single post
I don't feel you have actually read what the gentleman has written... India were the better side and maybe things would be different if India had won the last test and key players free from injury but it is a mosaic of what ifs and all teams can play that card.

Please look up 'cliché' in the OED.

Bolo

State Captain
Bumrah and Kumar playing every test would have been interesting. It's not just injuries that need to be considered though. Daft selection policies would have found a way to get it wrong regardless.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
I don't feel you have actually read what the gentleman has written... India were the better side and maybe things would be different if India had won the last test and key players free from injury but it is a mosaic of what ifs and all teams can play that card.

"A phrase or opinion that is overused and betrays a lack of original thought."

Seems a fair assessment of Moonsorrow's post to me.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Seriously, just ****ing stop you complete and utter muppet.

TheJediBrah

How about less "feeling", more thinking, before you post

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
England were definitely the better side, apart from fielding. But India could have won 2 of the 3 games they lost pretty easily, yes.

cnerd123

likes this
England were definitely the better side, apart from fielding. But India could have won 2 of the 3 games they lost pretty easily, yes.
yea it's fair to say that India lost 2 of the Tests by narrow margins, in that it was basically one or two passages of play in each game that ultimately decided the winner. They were competitive, and if they played better in those passages of play they would have won those Tests. Whereas for the one innings loss, they would have to play better in basically every single session to have won that Test, so there is no point mulling on the 'what if' of that.

Borges

International Regular
Was it a close series? Yes.
Did the better side win? Yes.

Is Jadeja replacing the overrated Ashwin a medium term solution to India's spin bowling problem? No.

TheJediBrah

Ash had a bad game, let it go guys. He'll come back strong, no need for a witch hunt, India were always at very long odds for this series. What do you expect when you hardly play outside Asia for 2-3 years.

Borges

International Regular
It is not just one bad game that he has had. He has generally been poor overseas; even at home he looks mediocre when the conditions are not absolutely to his liking.

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant

It’s fine, don’t worry. You’re not allowed to have an opinion on this forum, sticking up for me won’t change that! :)