• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
May I know which team you support before brutally exposing them as HTB, FTB or fair weather bullies :cool:
If your reaction to someone criticising a player who you like or is from the team you support in a relevant thread when he's brought up is to immediately try to figure out which team they support so you can "get one back", you are on the wrong website.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i thought you were an indian fan?

let us all take a moment to remember 2002, the year ganguly spent more time crying about the pitches than in the middle and never forget this episode of border patrol

<video>
OMG, why wasn't I informed about this years ago?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
greg ritter the memory of your crappy FPR car spearing off at Barbagallo 05 is forever etched into my memory
Quality

Flem putting in a big off season here. Will reap the rewards come summer.

Last edited:

R!TTER

State Regular
If your reaction to someone criticising a player who you like or is from the team you support in a relevant thread when he's brought up is to immediately try to figure out which team they support so you can "get one back", you are on the wrong website.
Yes because no one takes a dig at their favorite players, or team, when they don't perform? I'll be among the first to take India or one of my favorite players to task when they underperform. Now this seems to be a meme on CW & some other sites that Jadeja is a HTB or works only on dodgy pitches! Did you see his performances on the flattest of roads in Kotla (vs SA) or Chennai (vs England) then Ranchi (vs Aus) & again the SL tour? If you're bashing someone because you think he's so & so then what's wrong in bashing someone else who I think haven't done much?

Yes clearly, hypocrisy is no virtue.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes because no one takes a dig at their favorite players, or team, when they don't perform? I'll be among the first to take India or one of my favorite players to task when they underperform. Now this seems to be a meme on CW & some other sites that Jadeja is a HTB or works only on dodgy pitches! Did you see his performances on the flattest of roads in Kotla (vs SA) or Chennai (vs England) then Ranchi (vs Aus) & again the SL tour? If you're bashing someone because you think he's so & so then what's wrong in bashing someone else who I think haven't done much?
Because this isn't Facebook comments. CW doesn't exist as a battleground for the great supporters' wars where you have to defend the honour of your team by insulting the team of the anyone who criticises it. If you act it out in that fashion you'll end up permanently banned rather quickly, just like pretty much anyone else who has tried to be a regular poster with this attitude.

Flem is not just a foot solider for the team supports -- he has actual opinions and if you think of the team he supports somehow invalidates them, then as I said you are on the wrong website. Go take your petty nationalistic point-scoring elsewhere. If you disagree with him about Jadeja then you're free to argue with him, but "lol ur team sux" is not an argument. If he'd made the argument that NZ were better or something of that nature it'd be a different story, but that's not what he did, and trust me he is under no illusions as the quality or lack thereof of the team he follows.

Last edited:

Burner

International Regular
Cook to retire at the end of the series apparently. Never thought Cook would retire before he was at least 35. England have big shoes to fill.

R!TTER

State Regular
Because this isn't Facebook comments. CW doesn't exist as a battleground for the great supporters' wars where you have to defend the honour of your team by insulting the team of the anyone who criticises it. If you act it out in that fashion you'll end up permanently banned rather quickly, just like pretty much anyone else who has tried to be a regular poster with this attitude.

Flem is not just a foot solider for the team supports -- he has actual opinions and if you think of the team he supports somehow invalidates them, then as I said you are on the wrong website. Go take your petty nationalistic point-scoring elsewhere. If you disagree with him about Jadeja then you're free to argue with him, but "lol ur team sux" is not an argument. If he'd made the argument that NZ were better or something of that nature it'd be a different story, but that's nor what he did, and trust me he is under no illusions as the quality of lack thereof of the team he follows.
And you can take a dig at others when the other person has no idea WTF this Greg guy is?

And that's why I excluded NZ before this, isn't about India vs NZ or me vs him. You can bring stats to justify any argument, to bring only a sets of stats, while omitting others is a lie by omission IMO. If there is an argument about Jadeja being a HTB, that can be made after he's played more tests on the away leg of India's tours - which ends in 2019 IIRC.

Ciao, don't care about one sided opinions, had a nice time in the Sim Jimmy101 :happy:

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Legend, but the right time imo. Gives England good time before the Ashes. Feel bad for hammering him but he's been poor for a long time. Still, a great and a gent!

cnerd123

likes this
Flem should be banned for trolling imo

Sad news about Cook's retirement. Will be interesting to see how England proceed. Their next series could see 2 entirely new openers.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
33 seems so young but except for the odd occasion, which always seemed to turn into a double, he's just looked so painfully out of it.

morgieb

33 seems so young but except for the odd occasion, which always seemed to turn into a double, he's just looked so painfully out of it.
In miles on the clock though he's more like 37. Plus apart from the double his last 12 months have been pretty much terrible.

vcs

He should get a guard of honor when he comes out to bat and it will be a nice emotional moment in a dead rubber.