• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why does Pakistan traditionally produce better fast bowlers than India?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ok ...you are entitled to your opinion. Also I would assume that it is ok for you too to estimate a chronic ball tamperor in the same regard as you once used to , despite him being severely exposed from various quarters.
No comment about the proven cheat Tendulkar though ?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ok ...you are entitled to your opinion. Also I would assume that it is ok for you too to estimate a chronic ball tamperor in the same regard as you once used to , despite him being severely exposed from various quarters.
Tamperor? Is that sorta like the emperor of ball tampering?

I'm guessing Tendulkar is the God of ball tampering.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
No comment about the proven cheat Tendulkar though ?
ha ha ha ha .... don't know whether to laugh or cry .... here an allegation is made against a supposed ATG bowler. To defend him, you have to stoop to bringing an one off incident associated with an ATG batsman into the discussion. So much so for sound logic

flibbertyjibber

ha ha ha ha .... don't know whether to laugh or cry .... here an allegation is made against a supposed ATG bowler. To defend him, you have to stoop to bringing an one off incident associated with an ATG batsman into the discussion. So much so for sound logic
Just asking your view as you claimed last night he didn't do it which we all know he did and you went back to slagging off Imran and Smith for the same thing as Tendulkar. Can't have it both ways.

Starfighter

It's more sound than your Imran vs Kapil 'logic'.

rtramdas

U19 12th Man
Tamperor? Is that sorta like the emperor of ball tampering?

I'm guessing Tendulkar is the God of ball tampering.
yeah ..Tendulkar's greatness as a cricketer was mainly because of him being one among the top 5 fast bowlers of all time. Hence he was GOD of tampering ... Soooo pathetic .....atleast come up with a slightly better logic to defend your case.

Starfighter

yeah ..Tendulkar's greatness as a cricketer was mainly because of him being one among the top 5 fast bowlers of all time. Hence he was GOD of tampering ... Soooo pathetic .....atleast come up with a slightly better logic to defend your case.
Try using logic to make it.

flibbertyjibber

But you said Smith is tainted as he had the ball tampering incident yet Tendulkar did the same so surely he is tarnished too?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
take R.Jadeja..... he has 12 not outs in 53 inns. That is a whopping 22.64 % share that takes his avg: to 29.17. I am 100% sure, if Jadeja in any circumstances was allowed to continue
with his not out scores till he gets out, his avg: will fall alarmingly because he has till now only proved that much as a batsman.
What makes you think so? There is in fact empirical evidence that batsmen are more likely to get out very early in their innings (may be before they get to 20-25) than late in the innings. So arguably scoring two scores of 50 (not out) and 50 (out) is probably harder than scoring 100 (out). While you make the same number of runs for one dismissal, in first case you have to weather the early innings difficulty twice.

Henceforth, I am going to assert that not outs harm a batsman's average in such discussions.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
If you aren't tampering then you aren't trying hard enough

Migara

International Coach
Jfc why is this still a thing

I can't even comprehend the logic behind thinking that an average "boosted by not outs" is somehow worth less
I'd love to see what happens to Dhon's greatness if onl\y runs per innings is considered in ODIs.

Migara

International Coach
take R.Jadeja..... he has 12 not outs in 53 inns. That is a whopping 22.64 % share that takes his avg: to 29.17. I am 100% sure, if Jadeja in any circumstances was allowed to continue
with his not out scores till he gets out, his avg: will fall alarmingly because he has till now only proved that much as a batsman. Similar was the case with Imran who has 25 not outs in 126 inns, that is 19.84 % . Kapil in his first 132 inns( naturally he declined after that because of longevity along with additional burden of being an all rounder) had only 11 not outs despite taking all the risks. What he did was to score as much as possible for the team along with tailenders with very limited technique as his huge str: rate of 84 shows.That is what is required from a team's point of view if you are a number 7 batsman.Naturally, several scores of ' what could have been not outs there by hugely inflating averages' resulted in out scores.
For instance take Kapil's 129 vs SAF. He got 10th out. Had he not taken that higher risks towards the fag end of his inns and waited for the number 11 to get out, he could easily have remained not out and thus got his avg: hugely inflated. Similarly there are several inns of Kapil. Hope i made it clear
I can easily argue that if the support was better, Imran / Sir would have scored more, but they remained not out because the guy at other end was trash.

Migara

International Coach
A big no to it . For instance take that 129 vs SAF. 9th wkt fell when team score was 197. After that, 18 runs were scored of which last man scored a mere 2. That means baring a possible extra 1 or 2 runs Kapil scored almost 14 runs. Means if Kapil waited for the last man to have got out sooner after 9th wkt fell there by decided to remain not out , he would have scored a mere 14 runs less , but a whopping
115 runs gets added to his aggregate inflating his average hugely. Like wise several inns.
That 129 is one off instance and not the norm. Kapil most times got out when there were 2-3 more wickets to fall, due to reckless shots (or he had no confidence in other batsmen).