• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the team winning the toss will bowl first.
Hopefully, we won't have to hear anything more about the great Jadeja.
Though I fear that we may not be rid of the sight of the even greater Moeen Ali (ATVG, as per the gospel according to trundler) .
I have not once said that.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should just transfer teams and spectators to dry areas in this day and age. Kohli could fund the whole thing with his pocket change.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I cannot complain about the weather this summer. I've seen more cricket than the previous two years put together.

Burgey

It is, yes. Though I've had some very good times there.

What are the playing conditions wrt use of floodlights, if it comes to that? India usually opposes anything progressive in the game, so have they agreed to use of artificial lighting should it be necessary? Would be hilarious if they've refused and they end up losing the series because the players left the field for bad light, long daylight hours nws.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Is the forecast better today?
According to the Beeb very much so but there is a chance of rain 4 pm onwards. The Met however disagrees and sees the rain hitting much earlier, 12:00.

Worse case scenario they'll get an hour's play at least!

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
Not going to get a full day today but should be some play I think. Tomorrow onwards should be fine though.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Kuldeep plays for India! Dhawan dropped for Pujara - Rahul to open.

Pope in at 4 for England. Woakes in for Stokes. Rashid keeps place - no Moeen.

flibbertyjibber

No, they add half an hour at the end of the day over here. Will be light enough to play till after 8.
Just seen that 2nd and 3rd sessions are 2 and a quarter hours long to make up the half hour. Obviously the last session will be 2 hours 45 minutes if we play a full day as the overs are never fitted in in time.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Good changes. Don't think batting is going to fare well regardless but at least they've shored up the places that needed shoring up.