• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
India need to bat too. Unless England get bowled out in a couple of sessions in each innings, there shouldn't be enough time for a result. Unless, I suppose, both teams are dismissed for stupidly low scores in the first 3 innings.
Ashwin bowling England out twice in 4 sessions each is what I was hinting at.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Has been dry as a bone over there for two months but now there's cricket on it starts to rain. Sort your **** out, England.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
We're gonna get at least 4 full days worth of play....which will be more than enough to get a result as I can't see either team batting more than 90 overs on average across 2 innings.

91Jmay

International Coach
Apparently it is a greenish pitch anyway, however that doesn't mean it won't spin.

Jaddu in?

Woakes over Ali most probably.

Fancy Pandya to go well with the ball here.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
India should probably try batting 4 sessions first to be honest.
If India can't bat for 4 sessions there will definitely be a result anyway. I was addressing david's point about draw...still think that's the least likely outcome

91Jmay

International Coach
If India can't bat for 4 sessions there will definitely be a result anyway. I was addressing david's point about draw...still think that's the least likely outcome
Yeah that's fair, i am still backing India at this cesspit of a ground.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good, good

This way I won't miss much of the play. The way India are batting, it's not like we're going to be denied a result due to lack of time, anyway.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
India should probably try batting 4 sessions first to be honest.
I think it depends whether we believe the forecast for Monday. And also what the pitch looks like when the covers come off.
If it looks a bit green and it's been sweating under the covers for a day or so, then I think they'd trust their seamers to do the job in our first innings and Ashwin to do likewise in our 2nd innings, leaving a small chase between the showers on Monday. And I think England would definitely choose to bowl first, especially if it's still cloudy tomorrow.

Borges

International Regular
I think the team winning the toss will bowl first.
Hopefully, we won't have to hear anything more about the great Jadeja.
Though I fear that we may not be rid of the sight of the even greater Moeen Ali (ATVG, as per the gospel according to trundler) .