• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I didn't expect it to be this drastic, but it really shows the downside of such an extended home schedule for the batsmen. Australia should be much easier, unless they finally get their act together and prepare sporting fast/bouncy pitches unlike last tour. Classic Aussie roads and India's batsmen will feast.

Borges

International Regular
If rahane/rahul/the openers are crap again in the second test, then we need to bring in Shaw and a few other youngsters. Nothing to lose.
The second test is at Lords; there is a reasonable chance that how the batsmen perform there won't tell us too much.
Just he kind of wicket where Dhawan (if he plays) may end up as the top scorer; with Rohit Sharma missing out only because he is not in the squad.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel India have the most adaptable side to conditions around the world at this moment, which sounds dumb given what we just saw and given it's India. But who is better right now?

vcs

I feel India have the most adaptable side to conditions around the world at this moment, which sounds dumb given what we just saw and given it's India. But who is better right now?
Yeah I feel we're the best of a poor lot ATM. I know you don't get any point for losing by close margins but at least the bowlers have stood up in the last 4 games instead of conceding 400+ totals.

cnerd123

likes this
Australia have a good bowling attack for non-Australian conditions, and they're heavily reliant on 1 batsman too. They're on par with India for most adaptable side IMO.

And Pakistan actually won a Test here, lest we forget.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I would say Pakistan confidently with Younus/Misbah but now probably cant say ahead of India

vcs

Pakistan weirdly do well in England for some reason but they're dire pretty much everywhere else.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Is Dinesh Karthik staying? I don't think chopping up the batting side at this stage is going to do anybody any favors. Give them a rope long enough to hang onto or hang themselves with, at least until the series is decided.

Definitely feel we have to play both Ashwin and Kuldeep. There's no way England would've got that far, Curran notwithstanding, if we had the spinners working in tandem.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia have a good bowling attack for non-Australian conditions, and they're heavily reliant on 1 batsman too. They're on par with India for most adaptable side IMO.

And Pakistan actually won a Test here, lest we forget.
Meaningless though. They bowl like an advertisement for Parkinsons when they're overseas the Australians.

srbhkshk

International Captain
Virat's become the #1 test Batsman. I would have thought that this was because of Smith's absence mostly. But he actually has super high rating points.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Richards though, wag. Insane. He held the spot for like a decade, give or take a few years in between.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
And to think Richard (forum user) argued against IVA Richards being quality player in tests for time immemorial.