• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Disappointing show from India that last day. Had a royal chance to go 1-0 up.

They need to beef that top/middle order, and perhaps Rahane needs to be the first of the causalities. I'm guessing Pujara's injured.

Borges

International Regular
Yeah but given how teams have fared abroad recently, it's more likely to be a missed opportunity for the touring side.

Can't remember the last time someone came back from behind in a series away from home.

The worry for India is that their bowlers will not be as effective as the series wears on. There are no practice games for the struggling batsmen either so I'm afraid it looks bleak for us.
It was a missed opportunity; losing any test match in which the result was in balance till the last ten overs were bowled is a missed opportunity.

I didn't expect India to win this series before it started, even when the absence of Bhuvi and Saha were not contemplated. I certainly do not expect them to win it now.
The team bounced back after losing two, fairy well contested, test matches in South Africa; I'm still optimistic that this would be a competitive series.

R!TTER

State Regular
Yeah but given how teams have fared abroad recently, it's more likely to be a missed opportunity for the touring side.

Can't remember the last time someone came back from behind in a series away from home.

The worry for India is that their bowlers will not be as effective as the series wears on. There are no practice games for the struggling batsmen either so I'm afraid it looks bleak for us.
You mean like England in India? The next test could/should/may/can decide who wins the series. Ideally India needs to win it or at least draw two games. If there's Result in all 5 then very little chance that India wins 3-2 so our best bet is 2-1 with 2 other solid draws. However that might be unlikely given late summer in England BTW no day night tests IIRC :D
Can't tell if this is meant to be a joke...
Not a joke, he took a huge risk to gain just a single. He should've seen what Ben was doing first. He went into ODI mode, as soon as the runs were coming from Pandya's bat.
I also think Virat being deprived of the strike may have contributed, he faced only 20 or 30 balls before that over.

Last edited:

vcs

India beat Sri Lanka in 2015 coming from 1-0 down. Great series that one.

_00_deathscar

International Regular
Not a joke, he took a huge risk to gain just a single. He should've seen what Ben was doing first. He went into ODI mode, as soon as the runs were coming from Pandya's bat.
I also think Virat being deprived of the strike may have contributed, he faced only 20 or 30 balls before that over.
The point is that neither player should get any level of criticism because they were pretty much the only ones standing around (regarding batting) while everyone else crumbled big time. There's only so much you can do...

Burgey

It’s India’s best chance. This English summer is like 1993 when it was dry and the pitches turned, which coincided with Warne’s first tour and May bowling the best he ever did.

I expect 4-0 England.

R!TTER

State Regular
The point is that neither player should get any level of criticism because they were pretty much the only ones standing around (regarding batting) while everyone else crumbled big time. There's only so much you can do...
They shouldn't, but being the captain (also picking Dhawan) there's extra responsibility on Kohli - which he failed to shoulder in the 4th innings. As a player I wouldn't criticize Kohli, he deserves more criticism as a captain though, but Pandya can be had for playing virtually no role in the test.
It’s India’s best chance. This English summer is like 1993 when it was dry and the pitches turned, which coincided with Warne’s first tour and May bowling the best he ever did.

I expect 4-0 England.
Wow, you really want Cook to last till the next Ashes don't you?

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
This.

It (Lord's) spun from Day 1 Session 1 against us last year.
Yea, but that always seemed a decent strategy against SA. Less so against India. Even allowing for the heatwave, I'd be surprised if we produced a dust-bowl for these tourists. Tricky selection for England to replace Stokes, whose bowling was just immense. The problem with picking a batsman is that Curran strikes me as a bonus in a 5-man attack rather than a banker in a foursome. Ditto Rashid. There's talk of Woakes coming in, which may mean Buttler moving up to number 6. Interesting times.