• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

91Jmay

International Coach
Great match, both teams trying to lose repeatedly. Anderson, Ashwin, Stokes, Ishant, Curran with ball sensational. Kohli god mode after first innings drop.

Borges

International Regular
I don't ask for more from India than to compete to the best of their abilities, at least we got that.
Don't think either India or England competed to the best of their abilities. At least as far as batting is concerned.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Because Hardik winning the game with 35 singles seems unlikely, especially if Yadav has to defend 35 balls as well.
Hardik would get 5 out of 6 balls each over though. That means he could have scored fours off the first four balls of the over. Makes no sense to keep the field spread for the 5th ball unless the number 11 is absolutely dire and you back yourself to get him off one ball.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well done England

This hurts like hell now, but I guess we'll look back on this with some measure of pride. I don't ask for more from India than to compete to the best of their abilities, at least we got that.
I thoroughly disagree. Kohli kept us in it. It was basically a one man effort though Hardik did his best. Nothing to be proud of for the team as a whole imo.

Bowlers did great again though. It feels so, so odd as an Indian fan to have the bowling attack be let down by a poor batting lineup, but it's been happening consistently now.

vcs

Don't think either India or England competed to the best of their abilities. At least as far as batting is concerned.
You can't have all 22 players on the field playing well at the same time, that's just not possible

TestMatch

U19 Cricketer
This game would have been better had England taken catches and Kohli got out in the 20s. That's the correct way to lose.

Last edited:

vcs

I thoroughly disagree. Kohli kept us in it. It was basically a one man effort though Hardik did his best. Nothing to be proud of for the team as a whole imo.

Bowlers did great again though. It feels so, so odd as an Indian fan to have the bowling attack be let down by a poor batting lineup, but it's been happening consistently now.
Agree about the crap batting bar Kohli. What can you do.

India really needed this win more than England, because their attack's potency will dip as the series progresses, and their bowlers will eventually work out how to stop/limit Kohli.

Niall

International Coach

Yep agreed, India are not Bangladesh ffs. They are a side who want to win away test series and this is another match that was there on a plate for them.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I don't ask for more from India than to compete to the best of their abilities, at least we got that.
This isn't 1993, where you'd be happy if they just lasted into the fourth day in an overseas Test match. India needs to do a lot better with the bat - they certainly have the talent to do a lot better. The expectation of the team should be to win every match.

Daemon

Barring Kohli, the batting has regressed since our last overseas phase. Unacceptable really given it's largely the same side.

OverratedSanity

Yep agreed, India are not Bangladesh ffs. They are a side who want to win away test series and this is another match that was there on a plate for them.
I mean, I dont think it was quite on a plate. I'm not annoyed by the Curran innings even though that was ultimately what won England the game. Don't think India's bowlers bowled badly to him. He counterattacked well and it came off, not much you can do, just say well played and move on.

But Rahul and Rahane's batting in both innings was just despicably bad. Hardik's technique has gaping holes in it too but he did a far far better job than those two and tried to stick it out. Spineless dismissals, eg :especially Rahane in the 2nd are what really rankle.