• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

cnerd123

likes this
Yea the player management aspect is a part of the game. Saying England are lucky because India ****ed up and got Bhuvi injured in the leadup is like saying a batsman is lucky he got a half volley or a bowler is lucky a batsman played a bad shot. You start going down the slippery slope of attributing all of the team's victories in these areas as errors of the opposition instead.

What you should be saying is that England have done well to ensure Broad and Anderson remain on the park for all their important games, as it's clearly something the other boards struggle with.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was just looking at the English squad again and wondering about their sad line of post Strauss openers. I know this has been discussed before but fmd Carberry really got a raw deal didn't he.

- Never played anything like Johnson's pace in his life
- Debut series (Bangladesh doesn't count ofc)
- Opening batsman against a fresh Johnson
- Still managed to average 30 in the series (slightly better than what most of the others managed)

He may have never amounted to much but considering what's followed it's unfortunate he didn't get a longer leash
Didn't he develop a medical condition shortly after that Ashes series which forced his retirement?

I do think he got a rough deal, though. really rated his efforts in that series. Was up for the stoush for the most part.

Burgey

As a neutral, it's difficult to know who to support here. Both awful cricketing nations.

morgieb

As a neutral, it's difficult to know who to support here. Both awful cricketing nations.
Usually I'd lean towards England but as cricket's become so hard to win away from home, want India to win to stop it being so predictable.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I must say I'll be very interested in following the currently sky-high stocks of A.U. Rashid Pty. Ltd. throughout this series. You'd think England have been omitting Shane Warne or Syd Barnes the way some people are chattering across various parts of the net.

Hitmantis

Cricket Spectator
Watching the India u19 squad. I have a question. Did somebody know if Arjun Tendulkar has any relationship with the great Sachin Tendulkar?

Shri

Mr. Glass
The game has a lunch and tea break ffs. If test matches can set aside an hour for food, we should spare a few pages in tour threads for it too.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
God the food thing is boring. It actually reminds me of Fiery direness, the same thing in every thread.
It started seemingly as a protest against slippy starting way too many threads about random individual players -- they'd just talk about food in his threads -- and I thought that was more or less fair enough, even though it was always extremely boring. The fact that it's invaded proper threads is definitely dire though; I was thinking of moving those posts already into the Slippy megathread but I was reading on my phone at the time and generally only do that sort of forum clean-up on my desktop.

Maybe just a warning not to overdo it in serious cricket threads if you don't want the mods to start infracting it everywhere will suffice....

vcs

It was mildly amusing for around 10 minutes but it's been ****ing unbearably unfunny and obnoxious for months now.
Your face was mildly amusing for around 10 minutes but has been ****ing unbearably unfunny and obnoxious for months now