• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Emerging Nations Cricket Thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Were the Nepal/Netherlands/MCC games supposed to be 6 over affairs or was it due to rain?

Camo999

State 12th Man
Were the Nepal/Netherlands/MCC games supposed to be 6 over affairs or was it due to rain?
Supposed to be T20 also but were reduced so they could still get the full T20I in. Unfortunately it started raining steadily again midway through the T20I. Lots of Nepal fans there. It will be interesting to see how they go in their debut ODIs this week.

Spikey

on the way home I walked past a couple of people wearing Nepal shirts and thought it was weird. i didn't know they were playing their first ODI tonight. i hope they win

Spikey

i've been meaning to take a stronger interest in "associate" cricket and i've been interested in Nepalese cricket ever since that time they did weirdly good in the u19 WC (2006?), so here we go. and my town does have a lot of people with Nepalese in it. ***** will have to teach me how to keep track of the team.

i just hope their captain doesn't start ball tampering.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i've been meaning to take a stronger interest in "associate" cricket and i've been interested in Nepalese cricket ever since that time they did weirdly good in the u19 WC (2006?), so here we go. and my town does have a lot of people with Nepalese in it. ***** will have to teach me how to keep track of the team.

i just hope their captain doesn't start ball tampering.
Their captain is a genuinely good bat ftr. I keep expecting him to pop up in the Ranji Trophy.

Spikey

just went to follow the team account and couldn't help but notice they have a famous fan.......

Spikey

i love that the person who runs the account tried out the Elon Musk twitter lock thing but never ever thought to remove the Steve Smith banner

cnerd123

likes this
Yea Paras Khadka is a legit gun and they've got some really promising young talent. Sandeep Lamichhane aside.

Best way to follow an associate is find their social media accounts and follow them, and set some sort of alert on your phone/browser for news regarding them. Don't expect much coverage from mainstream sites

Spikey

just lost 4 for 10 so i'm out for the night. they need to recruit ryan carters

Camo999

State 12th Man
Geez that was a cliffhanger. Well done Nepal. Credit to the Netherlands too for showing these games on YouTube. Good series.

Daemon

Oh man my ex coach was umpiring this. Didn't realise until I saw it on youtube. Pretty big win for Nepal, Lamichhane is a star.

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

I’ve been at a festival this week with Oxfordshire and the Dutch U12 side have also been here: lots of names from the past coming again in the new generation - van Troost, Kloppenburg, de Leede - a very capable ten-year-old keeper and a leggie from Warwickshire with parents based in Holland.

A little early to be acquiring players, perhaps, but hard to argue with them fighting the against the system that’s trying to strangle them. They came second, only losing to Norfolk, so I think the future’s orange!

Last edited: