• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
So with Dhawan and Rahul going out to open in the 2nd innings....I think that was a straight shootout between the two for the openers slot. Dhawan getting two ducks in two innings means Rahul's going to play in the first test and Pujara will play at no.3.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So with Dhawan and Rahul going out to open in the 2nd innings....I think that was a straight shootout between the two for the openers slot. Dhawan getting two ducks in two innings means Rahul's going to play in the first test and Pujara will play at no.3.
Please be true

Hitmantis

Cricket Spectator
I wish Kohli could play like Root (negating the new ball while also playing his strokes, but Kohli plays spin much better than Root)

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
Pujara better score a few runs in this outing. Or else, his place in the side may not be as secure as he believes it to be.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Because they want Lords to start on a Thursday. Tradition and all that.
Very important tradition... :cool:

Looking forward to this, Wednesday start or no, very happy not to be working this August and hopefully the weather will be as dry as after the thunderstorms this weekend.

Niall

International Coach
That was one of the stupidest selection decisions I've seen in my lifetime. Still makes me mad.
I mean it was obviously bollocks, but if you are going to talk about conditions for selection, then what was Rohit Sharma doing playing the first two tests instead of Rahane. :laugh:

Daemon

I mean it was obviously bollocks, but if you are going to talk about conditions for selection, then what was Rohit Sharma doing playing the first two tests instead of Rahane. :laugh:
That was another dumb decision in the long list of ones we seem to rack up exclusively overseas.

RP Singh, Raina, Karn Sharma, Aaron, GG, Harbhajan, Pujara, Bhuvi, Rahane all circa 2011-present

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
Kohli really is a terrible ****ing test captain. He played under Dhoni so no surprises there. The captaincy needs to go to people like Rahane, Dravid etc.

OverratedSanity

The blatant inconsistency in logic to somehow fit Nohit into the team was what infuriated me the most.