• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Is he really going to say anything else though? Nobody is going to come out and say “it’s all about me and how many I score” are they?

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a fairly pointless criticism as well.

"Bloke with an immense drive to be the best batsman in the world has a massive ego and cares about his personal success"

Color me shocked.

Shri

Mr. Glass
if pujara is going to score like 10-20 off 100 balls every innings, maybe he should open with vijay to see off the new ball

Pujara
Vijay
Rahul
Kohli
Rahane
Pant / Karthik

looks okay

Borges

International Regular
"India's four-day practice match against county side Essex was reduced to three days ...
The Indian team management took this decision during this afternoon's net practice after having a look at the pitch."
https://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/unhappy-india-shorten-practice-match-over-condition-of-pitch-outfield-118072401005_1.html

Daemon

India opt for three-day warm-up due to UK heat wave - ESPNcricinfo

Virat Kohli stood in his position. Hunched over. Hands relaxed. He was practising slip-catching to a right-hand batsman.
No you ****, just stay out of the slips

Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul are likely to comprise the top order followed by the engine room of India's Test batting in Kohli and Rahane. Dinesh Karthik and Hardik Pandya will bolster the lower order.
Looks like Pujara is out for Rahul. Amazing how the County Stint that was supposed to prepare him for this tour has backfired spectacularly,

Daemon

I think it's justifiable dropping him. He's played 4 more FC innings since the Afghanistan Test and been poor in both.

I love the man but it's hard to back him at this point.

**** Dhawan tho. At least Pujara will take 70 balls for his 20 instead of 2 balls for 7.

OverratedSanity

I think it's justifiable dropping him. He's played 4 more FC innings since the Afghanistan Test and been poor in both.

I love the man but it's hard to back him at this point.

**** Dhawan tho. At least Pujara will take 70 balls for his 20 instead of 2 balls for 7.
That's exactly what I'm saying. But there's no point saying "it's justifiable" dropping him when the change you've made isn't a net positive anyway. It's what always bothered me with him being dropped for Rohit before. Pujara is flawed but he's still better than the alternatives.

Borges

International Regular
Hopefully, Pujara will score some runs in the practice match (it is a joke game, so every one can bat and bowl),
and Dhawan will play like the Bangladesh superstars. In both innings.

Fortunately, the selectors decided that Rohit is below test standard; thank heavens for small mercies.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Seeing off the new ball is a meaningless meme, it's like taking pride in taking 40 years to discover the real you.

Cow Corner

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Despite's Dhawan's score, I think he's definitely going to play in the first test. Pujara might have to sit out for KL Rahul. If Rahul scores 50+, he's definitely in. Rahane also needs a good score. Man the batting line up is looking quite shaky.

OverratedSanity

Hope vijay and rahane get some good time in the middle. Two best batsmen last time around in 2014 and both in pretty meh form.