• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Why can't they just say he had a bad day and will bounce back strong next game or something generic like that instead of this nonsense?
"When he does well people call him best finisher ever. And when things don't go well people pounce on him. We all have bad days in cricket. Today was I think a bad day for everyone, not just for him alone. And just as a batting unit we could not click."

Kohli defends Dhoni after boos at Lord's - ESPNcricinfo

Groundking

International Debutant
No one wanted him dropped from the ODI side. Can tell you are trying to incite trouble on here. Not one poster wanted him dropped in ODIs. In t20, yes. And he got dropped in that.
Were you even paying attention to the talk that was going on when we were pummelling the Aussies? There were plenty of people saying that Root shouldn't be in the side when we're full strength.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I have an advice for you. Spend more time on those websites rather than cw.
You may have (some) unsolicited advice for me, you may even have a piece of unsolicited advice for me, what you won't ever have is "an advice" for me.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Ooooh you're so clever Miyagi........don't know why anyone would think they could take you on in a battle of wits.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i'd like to note india's batting is so stacked and dhoni's keeping is so astounding in and of itself that even if he was a passenger (which he isn't), he'd still have a damn strong argument to be in that side

dhoni is a very crafty cricketer too, and he's also a cool head to have around to balance out kohli's tempered more fiery nature

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yeah, no. We don't need such players. We need players who actually score runs and take wickets and are useful in reality than in a philosophical sense and as a concept.

Shady Slim

International Coach
i think with all the intangibles taken into account i'd take dhoni over karthik still

like if your batting lineup with dhawan, rohit, rahul, kohli, etc, can't get it done, you can't put it just on dhoni

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Quite disgusted with the MSD fans over all. It's not very difficult to understand why he isn't that successful any more. He is not exactly young and reaction times lower for sportspeople by this age. Even the most sound players usually struggle by this age, so why shouldn't MSD who isn't a Tendulkar or a Lara as far as technique goes.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Quite disgusted with the MSD fans over all. It's not very difficult to understand why he isn't that successful any more. He is not exactly young and reaction times lower for sportspeople by this age. Even the most sound players usually struggle by this age, so why shouldn't MSD who isn't a Tendulkar or a Lara as far as technique goes.
nobody's saying that dhoni is the swaggering ace he used to be, everyone agrees that he's not played as well as he used to, but he's still definitely part of their best XI

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So your defence of Dhoni is that it's okay that he needs a colostomy bag just to bat, that people should be okay watching old people on their tv screens doing silly things.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's dead weight at this point and should be let go. India have plenty of 'keeper bats that are adequate behind the stumps and far superior in front right now. The problem is that some are now crapping all over his career but there's no question about him being well-past his prime.