• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

R!TTER

State Regular
i would prefer if dhoni had a go rather than just bat dot balls and look average
He's looked avg for a good 4 years now, even on the last tour of England we lost the T20 due to him. The ODI series was won on the back of openers, he's done jack all when the top 3 have failed.

cnerd123

likes this
idk why it's so famous lol

I didn't even watch cricket back then but somehow I still know about it
Ganguly celebrating with his shirt off is why its famous imo.

I don't recall watching the game live but I know it was a big deal around the time, and yea like VCS said I grew up with the replays lol.

If India somehow win today I want Kohli to rip his shirt off too.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But it was a pointless one day game. Surely winning a test series in England or stuffing the worlds best side (Australia) at home or even those world cup wins are far greater. This pointless game seems to get far too much attention.

vcs

Anyway, it's good for the series if England win this game. :ph34r:

Dead rubber would have been boring.

Cow

Banned
Don't worry. There was oxygen in the air and the earth was rotating around the sun in the Natwest final.

OverratedSanity

But it was a pointless one day game. Surely winning a test series in England or stuffing the worlds best side (Australia) at home or even those world cup wins are far greater. This pointless game seems to get far too much attention.
It clearly wasn't pointless to the players at the time, nor to the viewers.

JAMODIs have plummeted in importance in the last ten years or so, but until the early 2000s, lots of fans still loved watching them and remember those series with fondness.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
was a good decision to bet on belgium in the soccer and england in the cricket on a multi. i also did a separate bet for england to hit more sixes than india.

basically im up 300 bucks unless Pandya has one of those days where he middles everything

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ganguly celebrating with his shirt off is why its famous imo.

I don't recall watching the game live but I know it was a big deal around the time, and yea like VCS said I grew up with the replays lol.

If India somehow win today I want Kohli to rip his shirt off too.
Kohli won't do that. He isn't ripped like Ganguly

Mr Miyagi

Banned
was a good decision to bet on belgium in the soccer and england in the cricket on a multi. i also did a separate bet for england to hit more sixes than india.

basically im up 300 bucks unless Pandya has one of those days where he middles everything
Legend.

cnerd123

likes this
Chasing 322 after being 146/5 away from home was not a common feat in ODIs. Plus that was the final of a tri series, so there was something at stake.

Cmon Hardik pull off a Yuvi here

R!TTER

State Regular
It clearly wasn't pointless to the players at the time, nor to the viewers.

JAMODIs have plummeted in importance in the last ten years or so, but until the early 2000s, lots of fans still loved watching them and remember those series with fondness.
It was also the only multilateral tournament final we'd won. Ganguly lost 8 or 10 others IIRC, the CT 2002 was shared twice :laugh:

OverratedSanity

Chasing 322 after being 146/5 away from home was not a common fest in ODIs. Plus that was the final of a tri series, so there was something at stake.

It broke the world record for a successful chase iirc. Don't know why anyone's pretending it wasn't big deal. It very much was at the time because of all these things (record chase, Ganguly taking his shirt off aping Flintoff who did it the previous year against India, etc). It was awesome.

flibbertyjibber

Chasing 322 after being 146/5 away from home was not a common feat in ODIs. Plus that was the final of a tri series, so there was something at stake.

Tri series? Whoopee, cared more about the dump I took when I got up that day and any day that summer when a tri series match was on.