• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Tennis Thread

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Anderson takes the first set 7-6. Bit of a battle .. amazed at the height of these 2 guys at 6 foot 8 and 6 foot 10 :surprise:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Anderson takes the first set 7-6. Bit of a battle .. amazed at the height of these 2 guys at 6 foot 8 and 6 foot 10 :surprise:
isner takes the second 7-6. a pattern emerging here, no breaks yet...it will probably be 4 tie breaks and 20-18 in the fifth with that being the only break for the entire match...:)

vogue

isner takes the second 7-6. a pattern emerging here, no breaks yet...it will probably be 4 tie breaks and 20-18 in the fifth with that being the only break for the entire match...:)
Isner just broken Anderson to go back to 4-5 with Isner serving so you’re likely right over the tie breaks :D

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
damn you anderson, why couldn't you have taken the 4th set in a tie-break, you completely messed up the symmetry of the scoreline...

Niall

International Coach
Glad that's over and credit to Kev for calling for a tie break in fifth sets. This format benefits nobody whatsoever.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
man, isner has been part of some long matches...anyway a lot of classics in the quarters and the semis which probably means the final will be a damp squib...

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Have to admit that this Wimbledon has been an absolute classic if you are a tennis fan, best Grand Slam by a mile since Australian Open 2017. The quality of tennis in Nadal-del Potro was absolutely breathtaking and this one has been fantastic as well so far. The serve-fests involving Anderson, Isner etc. aren't everyone's cup of tea but that's part of Wimbledon.

vcs

Man, people with those enormously overpriced Centre Court tickets certainly got their money's worth today.

Thrilling tiebreak, Djokovic 2-1 up. I wouldn't want to make any predictions on this match, absolute knife-edge. Fully expect Nadal to come out firing on all cylinders early tomorrow. Another epic 5th set could be upcoming.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just want to say fantastically well done by Anderson, feel very proud..... the improvement in his ground strokes and movement around court over the last 2 years is brilliant. Maximizing everything he has. Maybe if SA can win the cricket Anderson can win Wimbledon.

Hope the greatest and saddest of all human emotions.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Man, people with those enormously overpriced Centre Court tickets certainly got their money's worth today.Thrilling tiebreak, Djokovic 2-1 up. I wouldn't want to make any predictions on this match, absolute knife-edge. Fully expect Nadal to come out firing on all cylinders early tomorrow. Another epic 5th set could be upcoming.
I thought ticket prices are pretty good (not the silly over the top prices!). With the ballot and day of ticket sales (if you willing to queue) I dont think £50-£200 is ridiculous for an event like Wimbledon?

vogue

Just want to say fantastically well done by Anderson, feel very proud..... the improvement in his ground strokes and movement around court over the last 2 years is brilliant. Maximizing everything he has. Maybe if SA can win the cricket Anderson can win Wimbledon.

Hope the greatest and saddest of all human emotions.
I shall be cheering for him come Sunday. It’s taken 97 years for a SA man to reach the final of Wimbledon and I would love to see him win.

vcs

Every point is like World War 3 with these two. Ridiculous, ridiculous athleticism. Well done Novak Djokovic, welcome back to the top of the game.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
well djokovic is finally back...i don't know how much anderson has left in him after those two marathons but novak will certainly start the favorite in the final..