• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
He bowls Wood 5 overs straight for 0-40 and takes Ali off after 1-14 off 2. I find that strange.
I reckon Ali was taken off because he dismissed the only lefty in the top order. Morgan probably didn't want him to bowl at two right handers in Rohit and Virat.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Ridiculous. Average must be close to 60 by now.
He's a phenomenon. One can only deny him so much, but to see Ponting in ATG sides ahead of him at #3 now to me is laughable :(

VK is an ODI freak and superstar.

I've followed Viv, I've followed ABdV, and I've followed VK, and I want all 3 in my team in the middle order and to heck with anyone else. VK is the best #3 ever.

Last edited:

Jack1

International Debutant
He's a phenomenon. One can only deny him so much, but to see Ponting in ATG sides ahead of him at #3 now to me is laughable :(

VK is an ODI freak and superstar.
Yes, he's an all-time great player. Great player in all formats. He is one of the best batters ever. Shame he got out, I was laughing at his average this year. I was genuinely hoping for a not out as the game is dead.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
#3 in an ODI XI but he isn't better than his peers like Viv was. Who gives a **** about ODIs in 2018! I'll call him an ATG when he can handle an in swinger in tests :laugh:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
#3 in an ODI XI but he isn't better than his peers like Viv was. Who gives a **** about ODIs in 2018! I'll call him an ATG when he can handle an in swinger in tests :laugh:
I know this argument well as Viv was so much ahead of his peers in terms of average and SR, but I really am not sure its right.

VK gets the job done against the best teams regularly. Viv was in the best team. I'll look into it soon.

I was a VK critic - his slow starts and only chasing-not posting, but at some point, if people just don't go - "wow, he's got it all in ODI" - they're playing just fooling themselves. I wouldn't take him in IPL but for 50 overs - he is in my top 3 ever with Viv and ABdv and he bats 3. Fullstop.

Last edited:

trundler

I'm pretty sure the difference in quality between the 2 teams can't be that great. WI weren't THAT much better in ODIs anyway. Heck Marshall averaged 26.97! Kohli has enjoyed similar advantages.

trundler

This best team's bowling is utter dross. Pretty sure Viv faced better bowling regardless.

trundler

I know this argument well as Viv was so much ahead of his peers in terms of average and SR, but I really am not sure its right.

VK gets the job done against the best teams regularly. Viv was in the best team. I'll look into it soon.

I was a VK critic - his slow starts and only chasing-not posting, but at some point, if people just don't go - "wow, he's got it all in ODI" - they're playing just fooling themselves. I wouldn't take him in IPL but for 50 overs - he is in my top 3 ever with Viv and ABdv and he bats 3. Fullstop.
Agree with the edited last paragraph.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I'm pretty sure the difference in quality between the 2 teams can't be that great. WI weren't THAT much better in ODIs anyway. Heck Marshall averaged 26.97! Kohli has enjoyed similar advantages.
WI won 75,79, were expected to win 83 and 87 - they were dominant throughout Viv's career.

VK has to battle on all India tours, and vs England and Aus at home.

India is a damn good side since Bumrah imo (like contenders with Eng for next WC good) - but Kohli has been brilliant since, well - long ago really in ODI.