• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Jesus fine:

Happy? Plenty of discussion. Whether or not it started through a misunderstanding or poorly worded comment doesn't make a difference. Now please stop making personal attacks over my perfectly legitimate comments.
:laugh:

Great turnaround from Hales after the other day, he's now made himself basically undroppable...MOTM performance from him..England made it closer than it should have been. England must pick Hales and Stokes over Root in t20 cricket.

Thinking that Root shouldn't be a certain starter for all formats is plain wrong

:laugh:

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I know. John made it very clear he still thinks Root should be in the ODI XI.

The problem arose when TJB misinterpreted what John said when he wrote about Root's value to the ODI side being debatable.
Nah - TJB reply's before John even discusses odi specifically.

Thinking that Root shouldn't be a certain starter for all formats is plain wrong
I don't mind. We all make mistakes. Some of us just admit them more freely.

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lets all just agree to stop posting about this. Match threads should be left alone.

TheJediBrah

Nah - TJB reply's before John even discusses odi specifically.

I don't mind. We all make mistakes. Some of us just admit them more freely.
What mistake did I make pray tell?

Lets all just agree to stop posting about this. Match threads should be left alone.
I've tried that. I've tried responding politely and sensibly and it just destroys threads. I've tried ignoring it and just get harassed repeatedly despite not replying.

I've tried actively telling him to stop harassing me (it's literally all I've been responding to him over the last few days) and it does absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

Borges

International Regular
We all make mistakes. Some of us just admit them more freely.
I'm willing to admit freely that it was I all the time who made all kinds of stupid mistakes.

Provided we can all agree that:
a. there were some people who thought that Root shouldn't start in all T20is
b. there were some others who felt strongly that he should start on all formats, including T20is.
c. Root is a certain starter for the ODI if he is fit.
d. most importantly (this is an essential clause), now that the blame has been apportioned, we can put this debate to bed.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I'm willing to admit freely that it was I all the time who made all kinds of stupid mistakes.

b. there were some others who felt strongly that he should start on all formats, including T20is.
d. most importantly (this is an essential clause), now that the blame has been apportioned, we can put this debate to bed.
The worst thing about being a martyr is you have to die first else you're just a saint at best :P

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

We all agreed on that 20 pages ago. This wasn't a debate.

Borges

International Regular
Reasons for getting the last word

Getting the last word means that you win the debate. It also shows your moral superiority. This should convince your opponent that you are correct, and will certainly impress your fellow Cricketwebians.

It is particularly important to get the last word where you are in some doubts as to the merits of your case. The last word will serve as a clinching argument that will make up for any deficiencies in your logic. Achieving the last word now also brings the advantage that you may subsequently point to your success in this debate as the clinching argument in future debates. However, if you did not win the last discussion, we still recommend claiming incessantly that you did.

For those who are not well versed in this art, careful and diligent perusal of the section on 'How to get the last word' is strongly recommended:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:The_Last_Word

Last edited:

Singh767

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeeeeaaaaah!

I've got tickets for day 1 & 2 at Edgbaston (1&2 August). Takng 4 other Dutch blokes.

So, where to hang out at night? Any tips?
I will be there for day 2 and day 3. I work in Birmingham and went Uni there, Broad street is a huge street full of bars and clubs - probably around 40. If you want the more sophisticated bars then go to "Brindley Place", "Arcadian" or "Mailbox" - all of which are not far from Edgbaston or Broad Street

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Wtf I actually completely forgot the tour had technically already started. Just start the tests already ffs. I want to see Kohli get rekt by Anderson again.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
You can't be declared a saint until after you're dead either, can you?
Typically yeah (I don't know if there's exceptions), but saints don't have to die for their cause to canonised, and can die of old age.

Last edited: