• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Cow

Banned
Croatia are a good all round team; they are not going to be push overs. Unlike India in this game, I might add.
hoping their back to back 120 min games might catch up with them. Hendo needs a big game tracking Modric.

R!TTER

State Regular
I'm not sold on the Pandya is hopeless theory, though ideally I'd want to see Krunal as well before passing a judgement.

Cow

Banned
too many wet blanket shots. Just move your front leg and penis out of the way and pound the ball into the stands. Simple game.

Jack1

International Debutant
I'd rather have Root than Hales, I think. Even when Hales comes off, and he might well do here, there's always this period right at the start where he takes 10-15 balls to get going and it really kills the momentum when he comes in at three. When he opened in ODIs he made more sense as he was opening with Roy, who's a really fast starter.

Root rotating the strike from the word go would be more effective when we lose a wicket after a stand like that.
No way would I pick Root over Hales. Hales can play match-winning knocks on his day and is a very valuable player for England. Root takes a while to get going too. The difference is Hales can make up for a slow start better than Root. Their strike rates speak for themselves. There’s no room for Root in the side right now.

Jack1

International Debutant
hoping their back to back 120 min games might catch up with them. Hendo needs a big game tracking Modric.
I think England have enough to beat Croatia. Sterling’s a predicament, be nice if he finally finds form in front of goal for the semi final and the final. His all-round play is good, just a shame he can’t score right now. As a whole England certainly look a stronger side and Croatia aren’t sure what their best side is still.

Bairstow is a monster. What a player.

garylyon

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just to remind everyone, this is a fairly depleted Indian attack with no Bumrah, Bhuvi and Kuldeep - 3 of the frontline LO bowlers. With Yadav and Chahar as death bowlers I expect nothing less than England posting over 210.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Selection smacks of not really caring about the outcome of this game.

Happy for Bhuvi to be rested though. Hopefully he does't play some of the ODIs as well.

vcs

Just to remind everyone, this is a fairly depleted Indian attack with no Bumrah, Bhuvi and Kuldeep - 3 of the frontline LO bowlers. With Yadav and Chahar as death bowlers I expect nothing less than England posting over 210.
Haha, they wilfully dropped the last 2 so you can hardly use that as an excuse

England's batsmen are just too hot to handle at the moment.

Jack1

International Debutant
Selection smacks of not really caring about the outcome of this game.

Happy for Bhuvi to be rested though. Hopefully he does't play some of the ODIs as well.
Smacks of stupidity. Don’t trying to put a different twist on it. Haha. India takes t20 super seriously.

R!TTER

State Regular
Part of it is by design though, leaving Kuldeep & Kumar out was totally avoidable & like John1990 said - smacks of arrogance IMO.

Borges

International Regular
I fervently hope that they leave Bhuvi out for most of the remaining limited overs games too.

R!TTER

State Regular
Well what do you know, Pandya seems to take more important wickets at crucial junctures than most give him credit for!

Daemon

Smacks of stupidity. Don’t trying to put a different twist on it. Haha. India takes t20 super seriously.
haha idk, don't see any other reason for K.Yadav and Bhuvi to be dropped.

Regardless this hasn't been a good use of the available resources. Yadav should never bowl at the death.

Borges

International Regular
Pandya seems to take more important wickets at crucial junctures than most give him credit for!
I call it the Moeen Ali effect: the batsmen try to target the weakest link in the bowling, overcompensate, and pay the price.

Jack1

International Debutant
Nasser is too negative. England bat all the way down to 10.

191. A couple of hits gets us to 200 and still 3 wickets in hand.

Jack1

International Debutant
haha idk, don't see any other reason for K.Yadav and Bhuvi to be dropped.

Regardless this hasn't been a good use of the available resources. Yadav should never bowl at the death.
They were worried about the grass cover and size of boundaries. Poor selection decision.

Another stupid shot by England. Just slog Plunkett !!!