• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah Stoneman had done enough not to be picked again like Vince but picking him here gives him the 2nd test.

County batsmen feeling disappointed with themselves I am sure for this test selection.

Groundking

International Debutant
Won't drop him after this one match. He will get the 2nd test.

Trouble is who do we pick next?
He'll have played 20 innings by the end of this test, thats more than enough for me. I'd pick Burns, the dude is inform and has previous of scoring runs in the CC and hasn't been tried yet.

Groundking

International Debutant
Slightly OT but I'd be depressed if JImmy ****ing Anderson passes McGrath's tally.
Why? Anderson's insade durability is as impressive as McGrath's quality IMO, and it's not like Anderson isn't an amazing bowler.

EDIT: Jimmy has already bowled the most number of balls for a fast bowler ever, and the dude doesn't look like he's slowing down anytime soon I think it's feasable that he'll end up with at least 5k more balls bowled than any other bowler once he's done and dusted at least.

Last edited:

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No, I'm not. Anderson is nowhere near as versatile or good everywhere outside England than McGrath. McGrath top 2 quicks of all time for me. Anderson, not so much.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
No, I'm not. Anderson is nowhere near as versatile or good everywhere outside England than McGrath. McGrath top 2 quicks of all time for me. Anderson, not so much.
You're missing the point mate. No one is saying that Jimmy is of the same quality as McGrath........but that his durability and longevity is worthy of the records he's setting.

OverratedSanity

If players of lesser quality aren't allowed to surpass records of the greatest then Sachin should've got to 6995 runs and called it a day.

trundler

You're missing the point mate. No one is saying that Jimmy is of the same quality as McGrath........but that his durability and longevity is worthy of the records he's setting.
Maybe so but just breaks my McGrath loving heart. Refer to my username :laugh:

trundler

If players of lesser quality aren't allowed to surpass records of the greatest then Sachin should've got to 6995 runs and called it a day.
That's just nitpicking, really. Who said 'allowed'? I just don't want to see it cause' I ****ing love McGrath!

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
If that's your argument, then you're already very late. He has gone past Ambrose, Akram and Walsh.