• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...t/news-story/ca863e794111322b9460e5532e2f9ed8

Perhaps those more familiar with Bangladesh are in a better position to comment, but my understanding is that early September is still part of the monsoon season there. So after going down 1-0, Aus were even if ever so slightly and fractionally lucky for the weather to have sufficiently held off. The last time tests were played at this time of year, SA and India touring, there were washouts.

Seems it only rains in the monsoon season now when Bangladesh is on top.
Ah so by "lucky" you meant because it could have been rained out and the 2nd test been a draw, that actually makes sense

i think you mean great cricket

there is nothing funnier than fat medium pacers sending down unplayable hooping deliveries under an overcast sky.
Am I the only one into whose head an image of Craig McMillan popped immediately?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kevin O'Brien atm averages 79 in test cricket. Who knows if he'l even get to play a second one

Bijed

International Regular
Kevin O'Brien atm averages 79 in test cricket. Who knows if he'l even get to play a second one
I was really hoping he'd be left unbeaten in the 2nd innings, so that if he didn't play again he'd have beaten Andy Ganteaume's record for highest average (no qualification)

Firebreaker

Banned
So the news is that Pak are looking for the replacement of Amir as he's not fully fit which is sad because he's an exciting and world class even though he doesn't get much wickets and are looking to replace him with spray gun Riaz

Niall

International Coach
If that's true they're going to lose this 2 match series 3-0.
Amir is a monster loss, yeah the numbers are not world class, but the guy has horror luck when it comes to dropped catches. No Younis, Yasir or Misbah and an out of form Azhar also? They won't be troubling England that much.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amir is a monster loss, yeah the numbers are not world class, but the guy has horror luck when it comes to dropped catches. No Younis, Yasir or Misbah and an out of form Azhar also? They won't be troubling England that much.
It's also less how good Amir is and more how bad his replacement will be

srbhkshk

International Captain
And the conditions. Not a lot of drop off from Amir to someone like Wahab in the UAE, but there's a much bigger difference in England.
Good point, Wahab's actually better than Amir in UAE imo, but it's a significant level drop in England.

Niall

International Coach
I admit the longer stuff is not his strongest format, but a shame they have given up on Junaid Khan especially if scrubs like Rahat Ali still are persisted with.