• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan tour of Ireland, England and Scotland 2018

Flem274*

123/5
ireland have been screwed by the curse of lesser teams - playing well initially only for the #8 to come in and smoke a ton

Firebreaker

Banned
LOL @people underestimating Shadab's batting. He looks dodgy but he's a proper batsmen and used to bat one down at U19 WC where his bowling was kinda useless and crap. He intends to become Steve Smith like batsmen

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
It was great to see Ireland in the whites. I thought they did fairly well all things considering.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
LOL @people underestimating Shadab's batting. He looks dodgy but he's a proper batsmen and used to bat one down at U19 WC where his bowling was kinda useless and crap. He intends to become Steve Smith like batsmen

He was a frequent thorn for the NZ team when they toured here in Jan. Admittedly it was only odi - not tests, but with the top order falling over like a house of cards regularly, he managed two 50's and a 28. I thought he had something then. When I realised he was the leg spinner making life tricky for the batsmen, I thought he's quite some cricketer on potential.

Be interesting to see how Pakistan use him when Yasir Shah is back.

But I am more curious having seen Miandad and friends pass over to Ul-Haq and friends who passed over to YK and friends - where is the quality Pakistanian batting? Does eating beef make you bat bad now? :ph34r:

Last edited:

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Indeed, it was a disappointing score to wake up to.

If only I'd stayed up all night the wickets would have kept on falling #butterflyeffect

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sonyliv.com are covering it online, legally (in India). It's a convoluted process to get around their geoblocking though; not even a VPN is enough.
Eh think that's just a write off for me. Involves way too much work. Fox Cricket channel can't come soon enough.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Eh think that's just a write off for me. Involves way too much work. Fox Cricket channel can't come soon enough.
Yeah you basically have to load the page with the VPN pointed to India until you get the error, then do this ****:
https://www.howtogeek.com/337775/how-to-manually-set-your-location-in-google-chrome/
... then refresh, press play, wait a few seconds and then turn the VPN off. Then you're good until the next day when you have to do it all over again (Chrome won't remember your spoofed location settings).

The entire process is amusingly legal in Australia (else I wouldn't be able to post), but not exactly straightforward.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
But yeah you're right about Fox Cricket. Fox actually have the rights to this -- they're showing highlights every afternoon. They just don't have enough sports channels to fit the live coverage in on weekend nights.

Flem274*

123/5
England and Ireland being a double bill at home and on tour would be a cool event. So say next time England tour NZ, Ireland play 2 tests, then England 3. Then when NZ tour up north they go to Ireland first then England. The ODIs could be a tri-series.

More tests, more experience for Ireland, maybe even more money for all involved.

India and Afghanistan are pretty buddy buddy too iirc (or is it India and Nepal?) so they could do the same thing.

Honestly I'd rather host Ireland and Afghanistan as a double billing with a big name team rather than seeing the same two teams (Bangers and SL) tour here every summer. There have been some good games but at some point you need to vary your diet.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
England and Ireland being a double bill at home and on tour would be a cool event. So say next time England tour NZ, Ireland play 2 tests, then England 3. Then when NZ tour up north they go to Ireland first then England. The ODIs could be a tri-series.

More tests, more experience for Ireland, maybe even more money for all involved.

India and Afghanistan are pretty buddy buddy too iirc (or is it India and Nepal?) so they could do the same thing.

Honestly I'd rather host Ireland and Afghanistan as a double billing with a big name team rather than seeing the same two teams (Bangers and SL) tour here every summer. There have been some good games but at some point you need to vary your diet.
I think there are quite a few fans who are keen to see Afghanistan tour. I know as a Kiwi, I've wanted them here since 2016 before Shezhad started dancing. Ireland I am all for NZC to meet its obligations to the global game. And I quite enjoyed our Bangladesh Ireland NZ (minus IPL) odi tri-series last year.

I think Pakistan has toured NZ every year for the past 4 years. I wonder if this is close to a record to uninterrupted annual international tours.

But I still prefer us having multi SL and Ban tours to the 80's and 90's of just one tourist. I would happily watch Boult battle Sanga again and again and again. And Shakib and Mustafizur are always worth a watch.

Last edited:

nick-o

State 12th Man
What's the story with Guerilla Cricket getting the broadcast rights? Did the BBC have legal problems with broadcasting from Ireland or something?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
From CW, is it possible for us to run some kind of signature campaign and send it to some appropriate authority so that Ramiz Raza never commentates at least for test cricket?