• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I just had a thought. We are in the second-third round (some teams are on their third game) and Durham have had two days of competitive cricket and one day against the students since September 2017! The team were skittled by Kent in slightly less than two full days. All their practice matches were washed-out, all except the final day against the students. Northants has now been washed out. They couldn't even get on the field until the last day of that student match.

They won't know what a cricket bat is!

Markram is already half-way through his stint and he has made precisely 0 runs!

Chuck them in the seconds match tomorrow against the Jocks.

Borges

International Regular
Poor Markram, unsold at the IPL auction; at his base price of 60,000 Euros or so, he would have been a bargain for many of these teams.
Instead, he is condemned to serve time at Durham.

S.Kennedy

Poor Markram, unsold at the IPL auction; at his base price of 60,000 Euros or so, he would have been a bargain for many of these teams.
Instead, he is condemned to serve time at Durham.
The IPL is dead. The Hundred is where it is at. Kohli will want to come here instead of IPL. Educating all of those dumb mums and kids.

Last edited:

S.Kennedy

Somerset doing their customary ''we are finally going to win one after 126 attempts'' act before screwing up somewhere later down the line. Well done to them though.

SeamUp

International Coach
Notts are back boys ! At the top.

Ball, Fletcher, Gurney all in the wickets. Broad just providing back-up.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fully recommend that anyone seeing this post and thinking "that's not an especially strange name" should click on the link
Haha! I remember staying up at night to see that comet from my terrace.

theegyptian

Hameed dropped.

Trott retiring at the end of the season.

Gubbins returns. Plus Root, Bairstow, Anderson etc return this week.

Firebreaker

Banned
Thank God Haseeb is dropped. I don't think guy has got any future in England. Might play some Tests in SC but a big no for English conditions