• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So basically a guy with the face of a newborn fetus has greater gumption than 11 Yorkies.

God that Queensland spirit is true, what a state. What men we create.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
So basically a guy with the face of a newborn fetus has greater gumption than 11 Yorkies.

God that Queensland spirit is true, what a state. What men we create.
The irony being that Renshaw was born in North Yorkshire!

Clearly a northern thing, though Lanky bucking the trend for once - will savour this, as I can't see us getting 300 in the first innings all that often this summer
Are you going to be rethinking your game plan for your top 3? Get Davies back to one and Livingston back to three like last season? Still have the problem of Jennings v Hammed for the other opener, the one left over being dropped.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Are you going to be rethinking your game plan for your top 3? Get Davies back to one and Livingston back to three like last season? Still have the problem of Jennings v Hammed for the other opener, the one left over being dropped.
I think they'll persist with these two at the top, although I think Livingstone should go back to three - Davies to me doesn't look like an opener, but he did bloody well last year.

Mennie looks like he can bat - surprised his career average is only 17

SeamUp

International Coach
Onions knocked over Stoneman's leg-stump from over the wicket. How do you even let that happen?

S.Kennedy

Shrewd decision to let 'em go imo, based on how Jennings and Onions have gone so far for Lancs
I said to you before that you have either signed the Jennings ''2015/2017 version'' or the Jennings ''2016 version''. It seems, unfortunately for Lancashire, that you have signed the former. I am not joking when I say Jennings was far more useful as a bowler for Durham last season.

fredfertang

I said to you before that you have either signed the Jennings ''2015/2017 version'' or the Jennings ''2016 version''. It seems, unfortunately for Lancashire, that you have signed the former. I am not joking when I say Jennings was far more useful as a bowler for Durham last season.
Hasn't even taken any wickets for us

S.Kennedy

Gloucestershire looking good, chasing 127 with 9 wickets in hand. Gloucestershire, Glamorgan and Derbyshire have all made good starts to the season.

Just to add,

Gloucestershire need 59 runs with 4 wickets remaining, so that is anyone's game really. Lanky had an excellent day and the forecast is better now for tomorrow; should be able to finish off the evil Slurrey. Tykes need 272; it is hard to predict as it was always going to be a difficult one but they've only lost the one wicket so anything is possible. Not sure about whether any of the other games around the country will lead to results tomorrow but Broad and Fletcher skittled Worcestershire.

Last edited:

theegyptian

Siddle wearing a beanie hat as he gets Roussouw out. Harmer who takes the catch also wearing a beanie.Cook with the more traditional cap at first slip.

Good to see Tom Moores starting the season well. Has been taking some cracking catches and contributing with the bat. Very tough to go straight into first team keeper with little first team experience.

Ryan Patel has had a weird career so far. Didn't bowl at all for Surrey 2s last year pre first team debut. Then plays for Eng u19s and they are short of a bowler and takes 7-50 with his dibbly dobblers. Since then debuts for SUrrey and they use his occasional dobbers. Batting 8 in this current game (as a late replacement for the ill rikki clarke) which i think Surrey got wrong.