• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

All 104 nations will receive T20I status

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Loving the move though. And hopefully having a FIFA-esque global rankings system can reform tournament qualifications somehow -- would be nice to see some real random countries getting a decent run of form on and jamming their way into a World T20 tournament.

cnerd123

likes this
Loving the move though. And hopefully having a FIFA-esque global rankings system can reform tournament qualifications somehow -- would be nice to see some real random countries getting a decent run of form on and jamming their way into a World T20 tournament.
Did you see the new 2020 World T20 Qualification Pathway?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So they'll do the same sort of qualification for the 2021 tournament, before the actual 2020 one has been held?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
We all know this post is really about Vanuatu.

cnerd123

likes this
So they'll do the same sort of qualification for the 2021 tournament, before the actual 2020 one has been held?
They'll probably just arbitrarily decide who gets to be in 2021 based on the qualification process for 2020, which means that cricket played in 2018 can determine whether or not you take part in a world event three years later. Classic ICC.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Fk. All those African nations and no Morocco. If they were in the wife may have allowed me to watch more cricket instead of nagging me to mow the lawn. In fact if they were in she might have qualified for the women's team by way of even being aware of what cricket was.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fk. All those African nations and no Morocco. If they were in the wife may have allowed me to watch more cricket instead of nagging me to mow the lawn. In fact if they were in she might have qualified for the women's team by way of even being aware of what cricket was.
TMI Victor Ian

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ok guys its now time to run the all time T20I teams, to kick things off select your openers for Argentina XI..

turnstyle

First Class Debutant
Is yours also randomly excited about football all of a sudden? Well, for at least the first round.

cnerd123

likes this
I like it how some test nations actually have to qualify for this ****fest.

**** being elite.
I'm disgusted Hong Kong has to qualify. We're host to the world's premier T20 competition and we don't get direct entry? It's a ****ing joke.

Firebreaker

Banned
No one gives a f*** about T20I stats. I am pretty sure many people here don't even know about the highest runs scorer in T20I

cnerd123

likes this
No one gives a f*** about T20I stats. I am pretty sure many people here don't even know about the highest runs scorer in T20I
> Posting on Cricket forum
> "No one here gives a **** about cricket stats!"
> "Maybe they'll give a **** about which uni I should go study at"

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I never understood how it was every two years to begin with. All the other ''world cups'', - (limited over) cricket, women's cricket, football, rugby union - are every four years.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
You have a good point here. I keep getting twenty20 questions in this magazine I read and it is always becomes a case of guessing from the usual suspects, Finch, Gayle, Maxwell, etc. I keep reading about records being smashed in twenty20, ''fastest 50 with fewest balls wearing bling'' blah blah, and they tend to be hyped up as if I am supposed to be impressed, but honestly it goes in one ear and comes out the other.

I didn't even realise Collingwood had scored Durham's first twenty20 100 last year until I read it in next year's Wisden!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Well the biggest aspect of this is that all these smaller nations can now show their local governments/potential sponsors that they are a legit International team competing in some worldwide cricket competition. Could be good for growing the sport.
Surely cricket being in the Olympics would be of greater benefit