• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ishant has taken 2 wickets after his 66.

Ishant and Bhuvi must start in the XI when we tour. The 3rd pacer should be a toss up between Shami, Bumrah and Yadav.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Good county player at best. Never anywhere near international standard
We'll never know. There have been enough ''good county players'' recently that have failed internationally (take your pick of any number of Cook's batting partners). There are equally enough ''good county players'' whom they haven't selected.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon Tregs could have been a handy T20 and maybe ODI player for a short period there. But then again, I'm stupidly biased when it comes to Somerset.

Honestly would very strongly consider Hildreth for a middle order berth this summer -- I reckon that's a pretty big ton, in the context of the round.

Livingstone next cab, then Hildreth, then if you're still struggling just take the Dan Lawrence punt imo.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hildreth won't get picked now, should have been 5 or 6 years ago but not now. I want Livingstone in the side and probably Clarke as next one after him. Trouble is we will be picking Vince for another summer after that innings in the last test in NZ so won't make changes anyway despite it being glaringly obvious.

As for the bowling Broad and Anderson obviously locked in, Stokes too so 3rd seamer will either be TRJ, Porter or a punt on a young tearaway with pace to blood while we have the opening bowlers to help him settle. Will be interesting to see what Ed Smith brings to the selection panel, very intelligent bloke who speaks well about the game, soon find out about his talent spotting I guess.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He would have been involved in the winter if it weren't for injury, same as TRJ. Only thing is is he quick enough to make the attack varied? They may not want another 80-85mph bowler.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yes, I'm just about to listen to that. For some odd reason I have two days completely spare!
I'm sure Mrs Kennedy will have some tedious tasks for you to undertake, so you'd best hope Shiv takes root else you'll be gardening all afternoon

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
On selectors, if @abridg_ed really is Ed Smith's twitter account we all have much cause for concern
Haha it just seems to be a short (or "abridged", if you will..) uncomplimentary summary of every article he's written, from a detractor. It's hilarious. :laugh:

Last edited: