• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** County Cricket 2018

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Need to allow underwater cricket.

Looks like I'll be cheering on Worcs.

Last edited:

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cartwright is going to have a hell of a time surviving English conditions with that square-on stance.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
I wonder how they'll accommodate Elgar with Rory Burns and Rocky being basically outright openers? It is not as if Elgar is covering for Stoneman as Stoneman's available during this entire time, for the opening championship fixtures. Whichever way they go, that is some batting line-up,

Elgar
Rocky
Burns
Foakes
Possibly Roy at some stage (or perhaps not!).

I just had a thought. It'll become even harder for Scott Borthwick to try and get into the first team. He is a 3. How the heck is he going to win a place competing with that lot? His move was a disastrous decision.
Borthwick batting at 3 in the University match. I'm wishing him a good season, I hope he finally delivers his promise over a sustained period.

S.Kennedy

The Pears, the two old geezers, clawing their way back with wickets - I'm surprised Amla is batting so low? Stirling/Porterfield rebuilding at Lord's after a bit of a disastrous start.

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Live out in the States now but every year get super excited to wake up on the first day of the season and tune in to see how Sussex are doing. Woke up extra early to do just that today, body and mind as full of excitement as a giddy chid on Christmas morning… day 1 in four out of six matches called off without a ball being bowled.

Don't ever change England.

Tom Flint

International Regular
Was listening to BBC commentary earlier, Vince was playing beautifully until mid thirties (shock) when he got beat driving outside off stump 3 times in one over. Did well in the end to get to 75. Good score for first day of the season.
Mddsx on the greenest wicket I can remember. Stirling could be a star this year I reckon

Larwood's_boots

U19 Debutant
Was listening to BBC commentary earlier, Vince was playing beautifully until mid thirties (shock) when he got beat driving outside off stump 3 times in one over. Did well in the end to get to 75. Good score for first day of the season.
Mddsx on the greenest wicket I can remember. Stirling could be a star this year I reckon
My understanding is Vince has always looked pretty solid at county level- trouble with the nicking outside off was just a lot more prominent when he stepped up to tests.

I think it really speaks to the lack of test coaching currently going on in the England set up to be honest- we know that white ball is the priority for now and that the test players are told to just go out and play their natural game, but here's a guy who could really turn into a top class player if someone just took the time to iron out a few kinks.

S.Kennedy

Worcestershire bowled too short for the first hour but adjusted their lengths thereafter and got back into things. I might (marginally) say it is Worcestershire's day but it is a bit difficult to say really on crazy wickets like this where teams could quite easily get skittled - Amla's 30 and Berg here are certainly more important innings than the number of runs imply.

That partnership with Berg probably tipped it the other way unless Worcs' wickets cling on 'till close and the sun comes out tomorrow.

Last edited:

Tom Flint

International Regular
Vince's problem IMO is that his best scoring shot the cover drive is also his worst shot for every 3 that he plays beautifully he will always end up mis timing one and possibly nick off

fredfertang

Scheduling a Championship match for Old Trafford in the middle of April is tantamount to playing for a draw 8-)

ozryan

Cricket Spectator
just discovered the bbc online coverage of hampshire v worcestershire - listening all the way from perth , australia, who needs this ipl rubbish!

Starfighter

And I thought that Worcs didn't look too hot at 6/80. Pitch must be interesting, and why Eng keeps producing 75 mph dobbers rather spinners or genuine quicks, but well done to Worrall on getting his first CC wickets.

Also why the no-toss rule is completely pointless. Grounds will produce the wickets they can.

Last edited: