• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Redbacks

International Captain
Yep, that's exactly what first crossed my mind when I read that the Govt were swinging their dicks by decrying the players actions and motioning for Smith's axing. Ffs Turnbull, it's got literally nothing to do with you. You can spit your worthless PR tripe all you want, just stay out of the game. Please.

Guess Aussies can no longer say their govt doesn't interfere with the actions of their cricket board either.
Cheating is so out of step with what is expected, i'm not surprised their was some response.

As they say test captain is the 2nd most important job in the country.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, Waugh didn't set any ball rolling. Border was like that. Chappell was like that. It's just that Taylor was a nice dude in between.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
If it wasn't for Tubby, Ian Healy would have been captain, and the ball would have been rolling out of control

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Cheating is so out of step with what is expected, i'm not surprised their was some response.

As they say test captain is the 2nd most important job in the country.
I'm not surprised there was a response either. And yes, you're quite right!

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Added in the bold for accuracy.

I actually think the bigger story to come out of this tour is Australia's reaction to crowd chants and the Warner/de Kock fiasco. Both of those have been astonishingly hypocritical.

Anyone who's historically objected to Australia's sledging culture has been told 'man up, this is how we play cricket.' South Africa stand up to them and fight fire with fire and the Australians suddenly start whingeing about a line being crossed.

Absolutely pathetic from the country who championed mental disintegration.
Not necessarily just hypocritical, but more so pathetic and childish. What grown adult can't deal with some sledging and crowd "abuse"? His whinging about it just opened him up as a target even further.

Just pathetic.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Waugh set the ball rolling. When Ganguly took it upto him with similar gamesmanship tactics by delaying going to the field, he called Ganguly a cheat in his autobiography.
Nah, Waugh didn't set any ball rolling. Border was like that. Chappell was like that. It's just that Taylor was a nice dude in between.
Waugh, Border, (Ian) Chappell - all behaved like grown men, not like imbecile teenager whining cheating apologizing losers

Sure they were no Richie Benaud - but they were no Warner, Smith or Lehmann either

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not necessarily just hypocritical, but more so pathetic and childish. What grown adult can't deal with some sledging and crowd "abuse"? His whinging about it just opened him up as a target even further.

Just pathetic.
You'd hope this fiasco would lead to a period of introspection from Australian cricket that maybe the way you carry on on the field isn't acceptable, and that future Australian sides let their cricket do the talking rather than running their mouths all the time.