• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Baggy Green ball tampering: Bancroft, Smith and the Aussie "Leadership Group"

Burner

International Regular
Steve Smith's world might be collapsing around him. Not in a million years would I have thought that he would step down as Aus captain this series or even in the foreseeable future.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
its absolutely nothing like match fixing you stupid old ****
Agree with this. Though it is clear it wasn't the first time they had done this and nobody believes them, not really sure you can punish them much more even if you think they should be. All down to own nations authorities now.

SeamUp

International Coach
To be fair it is so ludicrous and I believe he means it, that we can just all laugh at it.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Agree with this. Though it is clear it wasn't the first time they had done this and nobody believes them, not really sure you can punish them much more even if you think they should be. All down to own nations authorities now.
i mean they're worlds apart, comparisons are moronic.

the minute you begin to curb your own performance in order to meet the needs of the fix, it is no longer a sport.

never mind the criminal elements involved and dodgy money passing hands.

Spark

Global Moderator
i mean they're worlds apart, comparisons are moronic.

the minute you begin to curb your own performance in order to meet the needs of the fix, it is no longer a sport.

never mind the criminal elements involved and dodgy money passing hands.
This is the main point for me, which separates it massively from everything else. There is a reason every time major bodies talk about threats to sport generally, match and spot fixing is always #1 because it opens up sport to being influenced and targeted by organised crime.

Okay, "a few no balls for money" may not seem bad at first, but before long it will be "a few no balls for less money, and if you don't then you won't like the consequences".

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Gotta love the moral outrage steeped in nationalism. He conveniently leaves out the part where BCCI bullied the ICC and CSA in 2001 which led to the third test being 'unofficial' and the end of Mike Denness' career, and of course all that is nothing compared to 'Monkeygate 2007'

Bolo

State Captain
De Kock vs Warner in ICC charges this series

De Kock-
1) A personal attack on Warner in response to a personal attack on himself. Almost certainly only charged because Warner physically escalated on camera later.

1 incident, one charge.

Warner-
1 An unsolicited personal attack on De Kock.
2 An attempted physical attack on De Kock.
3 Implicated in cheating by his own captain.

3 incidents, of a much more serious nature than De Kock's, one charge. Also in a leadership position during this time.

I reckon complaints about ICC favouritism are overstated, and it's better to avoid banning players if we can, but Warner is getting away with a lot, particularly considering his chequered history.